Wednesday, January 27, 2016

I passed my exit on the weight-loss-goal highway

Super excited this morning. Weight loss goal for the day: 225.5. Actual weigh in: 223.0!!! BOOM! Sure, this was probably a fluke, and you can clearly see that weight loss fluctuates, but man oh man am I stoked about blowing today's weight loss goal out of the water. Hey, fluke or not, I have a plan and I'm sticking to it. Goal for Friday: 222.5! So, this makes total weight loss more than 10 lbs. I was probably more than 10 lbs down before today though, since I didn't start weighing myself until week 2, but hey, let's go off the tracking. Alright, workout talk. I did a great walk yesterday at lunch. It was cold outside so I had to stay in the building. Fortunately, my office is extremely huge (like, extremely extremely huge) and I was able to get a few miles in in 45 minutes. I tried out MapMyWalk and it said I did 3.8 miles, but that seems WAY too far. So I'm trying a new app today that measures strides, not distance, and hopefully that gives me a more accurate reading. My wife's promised me a fit bit for my birthday next month, so that'll make these walks more accurate. Then there's this morning. Today was Sweat Fest, the last time I do this one in my current workout. I have mixed feelings on this workout. First off, I really like it. I need to open with that. It is a great Insanity-style cardio workout and that is awesome. But, the schedule says this can be a substitute for Sweat Intervals, so I wrote it into my schedule every other week, taking over half of the Sweat Intervals workouts. This is not a 1:1 substitute for that workout. I'm not going to say it's easy, it's not, but it's significantly easier than Sweat Intervals. It's a regular Insanity workout, just 30 minutes long, so that means there's a slightly longer warmup, then a full 5-minute stretch, and then the workout starts. The Max 30 workouts have got me accustomed to warm up, swig some water (unless it's Friday) and then get into it. I felt like I missed 5 minutes of my workout. However, this meant I had to push push push, and push push push I did. I still came out of this thing soaked, almost like I'd had a Sweat Fest (he used the title in the movie!, he used the title in the movie!) and definitely felt like I got a good workout. Mixed feelings aside, I am going to miss this workout. I only got to do it twice in my current rotation. Fortunately I've written out my next course of action and I have this scheduled a few more times, in addition to Sweat Intervals. Adios fat! (and adios legs, probably, but that's a whole other thing to worry about). Oh, also, the baby worked out with me this morning. Again, this means she sat in a chair and played with toys (and tried to kill me by throwing a ball on the floor while I'm moving once or twice) but she was in there and it makes it a little more motivating. I can't wait until she can get up and move with me. I promise I'm going to be an inspiration to her! Nutrition wise, I'm feeling great. Salads for lunch and dinners, and I've pretty much cut out all carbs except for fruit and veggies. Well, fruit and spinach. My veggie palate is still lacking a bit. There's also some sugar in my morning cappuccino, because those were the ones that were on sale at the store for my Keurig, but if that's the worst part of my diet/day, then I'm doing ok. Spanish is getting back into the swing of things too. I think it'll take me the rest of the year to get through the whole Duolino program, but I'm in no rush. Just gotta keep moving forward. Tomorrow is Strength, which I'm not looking forward to, but hey, it's gotta get done. Also have another walk planned at lunch today. Should be fun. I've started listening to Serial during my walks, and it's a pretty addictive podcast. Don't tell me how it ends! Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment