Friday, January 22, 2016

Missed weight loss goal but still fighting strong

Well, I asked myself yesterday if I could lose half a pound in a day, and the answer turned out to be no. I clocked in lower today, at 227.2, but that wasn't the 226.9 I was shooting for.

First off, I want to state that I'm not upset. Not at all. Weight loss is tricky, and there are peaks and valleys. I'm in a valley. That's totally normal. I read a lot of Insanity blogs, and I see a lot of people saying they don't really see any weight loss until month 2. I was cruising along great all last week, so not really losing anything this week seems on par with that.

That said, I'm sticking to my weight loss plan. I clocked in at 227.2 today, which makes Monday's goal 226.7. I realize I don't actually have consequences if I don't hit my goals, so this is just a personal what-I-want-to-accomplish thing, but it's what I'm going to shoot for.

Diet wise, I've been excellent! Maybe a little more salad dressing than I should have, but really my diet has consisted of protein shakes in the morning, salads for lunch and dinner, and snacks of fruit, Slim Fast protein bars, and the occasional extra protein shake when I need it. Drink wise, all I've had is water and black coffee.

I'm planning to review what I'm eating a little bit starting Monday and seeing if I can officially move to a paleo diet. I'm pretty close now, just need to cut out the few in-salad carbs (I'm looking at you, corn) and beans, and probably cut back to one piece of fruit per day instead of the occasional two. I'm also considering keto for a diet, but that would basically eliminate eating out, even on weekends, and I'm not 100% ready to make that commitment.

So, working out today was excellent. Friday Fight was today and I had one of my best runs. Granted, the old do-great-in-the-beginning rule applies, which means the second half was rough. I rocked this thing until the first break (15-minute mark), and then the second half I was more flailing than moving. But I did move, and overall I'm giving this workout an A-. Seriously, it was a really good workout.

I also did a good walk yesterday at lunch. I tried getting a few more stairs in than normal too, and felt good by the end. Overall, 40-minute walk, not bad.

I have one more walk planned for lunch today, and that pretty much wraps up my week. Week 3, in the books. On to week 4. Which I'm not really looking forward to, purely because I'm ready to move on, and Week 5 is when I get all new workouts.

Tomorrow is my final round of The Challenge, the P90X3 chest/back workout. After that, I switch over to Eccentric Upper so the biceps/triceps/shoulders can join the fun. Sunday is going to be the Bas Rutten all-around workout, and that's always a fun one too.

Spanish practice went well yesterday too, still moving forward on that front.

Well, that's my story. I'll let you know how the weekend goes. Got a date night with the wife tomorrow night, which should be fun, but will also put my diet to the test. Cheat nights are allowed food wise, but I still need to keep moderation in mind. Pizza, so wish me luck.

Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment