Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Boom! First weight loss goal is blown out of the water!

I usually wait until later in the day to post these, but today I was excited.

Why were you excited? you might be asking yourself.

Well, I'm excited because I blew my first official weight loss goal out of the water! I'm still keeping the numbers a bit under wraps, but here's how it went down:

Monday weight: XX3.4 (see how I omitted the first two numbers?)

That made the goal weight for Wednesday: XX2.9.

And what did I actually get to? Well, the actual Wednesday weight: XX1.0!!!!

That's right, I overshot by almost 2 lbs!!!!

So ya, pretty stoked today. Especially since lunch at the luncheon yesterday wasn't the healthiest thing ever.

So, this makes the new goal weight for Friday: XX0.5.

Wish me luck!

As for today's workout, per my modified schedule, today was Sweat Fest. This is a bonus workout from Max 30, optional on Sweat Interval days. That's what today normally is, but I decided to go back and forth on these two each week in my schedule.

This workout was tough, but felt much more like an Insanity workout than a Max 30 workout. I didn't think there was much of a difference until today, but there is. First off, there was a stretch between the warmup and the actual workout. That is normal in Insanity but not Max 30. The warmup was also the old Insanity warmup, with heismans and mummy kicks and everything. It felt good to mix it up a bit. Finally, there were a lot of breaks in today's workout. Not long break, each one was only 30 seconds, but there was one after each 3 minute interval. That's practically a vacation when compared to Max 30!

So why was it tough if there were so many breaks? Well, something I didn't realize until today is that Max 30 realizes it's tough, and doesn't necessarily put the hardest exercises back to back, allowing you to get through it. Insanity doesn't give a f---. Are your arms dying? Why not do some pushup jumping jacks? Can't move your legs? Time for some jumping squats! With that mentality, each 3 minute circuit was extremely difficult.

Anyways, I enjoyed this workout a lot, despite the fact that I felt like I was dying after. I usually do some dishes or something after my workouts, and today I found myself moving incredibly slowly in the kitchen.

By the way, I mentioned last week wanting to add a preworkout drink in. I actually found one in my closet I forgot about. It expires in March, meaning I have two months to use it, so I added it in starting over the weekend. So far, so good. Just doing a half scoop each morning right when I wake up, and it usually kicks in about 10 minutes into the workout. Every little bit helps, right?

Nutrition's good so far. Had a salad last night, and made another for lunch today. I also have some leftover pasta from yesterday which I'll probably eat as a snack, but just a little. If I can split it into two snacks I'll feel better. Also looking forward to a tasty banana that's sitting next to me right now.

Spanish is petering out this week. I've only been able to maintain my practice, not actually learn anything new. As long as I don't screw up my streak, right?

Well, that's where I'm at. Talk to you soon Internet people!

No comments:

Post a Comment