Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Sweat Intervals, and other fun things

I'm going to open with nutrition, because it's lunch time and I'm eating a salad. I'm currently munching on spinach, beans, tuna fish, black olives, dried cranberries, bacon, cheese and ranch dressing. The last three in moderation, of course. So far, so good today. I did have a snack, a small portion of leftover mac n cheese with a little bit of bacon in it. Yes, I love bacon. It was bacon bits by the way. Point was, when I was leaving for work this morning I knew I'd need a snack before lunch, and this is what we had. Portions are the key there, I guess. Also I had a coffee/protein shake for breakfast.

Last nights food was a tasty pasta bake my wife made. Not on the healthy side, but I had a single serving and no seconds. Again, portions. Tonight is leftovers, and I plan on the same. Again, so far, so good.

So you're probably wondering about the workout. Go ahead, ask me about the workout.

::waits patiently to be asked::

How was my workout? Well, thank you for asking. It was meh. I'll give it a C+. That's college passing, and the only reason I'll give it that high is because I did, in fact, sweat. Not so much in intervals, as the title (Sweat Intervals) suggested, more of an ongoing, profusely sweating thing, but if you saw me afterward you'd definitely know I had worked out. Sleep was rough last night. We went to bed later than normal and the baby wasn't really digging the sleep thing (which means no one gets to sleep). 5.75 hours later, my alarm goes off. I got up, baby got up, and we got her fed and got her day started. She ate like a champ, and then she watched me work out.

So, this workout is basically just like Cardio Challenge, except different moves. I think....I can't remember the format from Cardio Challenge all that well, it may have been 3 minute intervals instead of 5, not sure. Anyways, this was 5 minute intervals with 30 second rests included. The warmup was the same warmup as Cardio Challenge, and I got through it with moderate struggles. That's about where I knew my energy was dragging, but I kept going. After that it was 3 moves, each for 30 seconds, repeated 3 times.

I did like (not sure if that's the right word) the up and down. I think every set of 3 moves, one of them was on the ground. Not that I can do as much as the folks on screen, but I've learned from other workouts that constantly going from standing to floor to standing is an excellent way to kick your own ass.

Finished a little later than normal thanks to a late start. Got some work done, then hit the shower and headed into work. Passing morning, but not the effort I wanted.

I'm considering adding in an energy pre-workout drink. It would have to be literally the first thing I do in the morning, but it could work and might help me get an extra boost on my workouts. Right now I'm taking a fat burner, but that's it.

Spanish practice is complete (the other half of my lunch today). All in all, good, but I'm finding there's more and more words I'm forgetting. We're venturing past what I learned in high school and getting into the wilderness of the language unknown. Good times.

Also I didn't start my new book today, because I forgot it in my wife's car. That's ok, I decided to spend most of lunch writing this blog/practicing Spanish, and the rest I'm going to spend watching a taped webinar on global economics. Yup, I'm super cool, you can be jealous.

Adios Internet stalkers. See you tomorrow probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment