Friday, January 15, 2016

End of Week 2

Two weeks are in the books! So, a few updates with that....

First, I hit my weight loss goal for the day/week. I like overshooting, but today I only overshot my .1 lbs. I mean, yes, I hit it, but after the huge overshoot on Wednesday I was hoping for a bit more today. Still, I'm on track. That's a victory.

At this rate, I should be able to lose the full 50 lbs by July. Ya, that's a long ways away, and ya, that's a lot of weight to lose, but it's all about baby steps.

And ya know what? I'm going to post the numbers now. They're disgusting, yes, but it'll hold me to more accountability.

So, new goal for Monday (weekends I'm allowing myself an extra day between goals) is 229.9 lbs.

Now, let's talk workouts. Yesterday was the Tabata Strength workout. Honestly, I don't like this one. I just have trouble getting into it, it's not fast paced like the others, nor is it how I like to do Strength workouts. Plus it's toward the end of my week, so when I'm that gassed it's hard to really push. I'm giving yesterday's workout a C-.

I didn't get to walk at lunch yesterday because of a meeting. That might be the other reason I didn't overshoot my goal.

Today was Friday Fight, and I've gotta say, I do really like this one. It reminds me a lot of the old Pure Cardio workout. There's two breaks (each 30 seconds) but for the most part it's just do this exercise for 1 minute then we'll do another one. There isn't even a break between the warmup and the actual thing. The big thing about this workout that's different from the others is the need to push. Yes, you push in every Insanity workout, Pure Cardio especially included, but the point of this is it's the end of your week and let's see how high of a note you can end the week on. And push push push I did! I was soaked by the end. The last ten minutes were a lot slower than the first twenty, ya, but I did great today and felt really awesome by the end. And I did a ton more than I did last week, which is awesome as well!

I'm really curious what the month two Friday Fight looks like, because this thing was already a killer!

Nutrition wise, I'm mostly on track. I've been mostly eating salads, which is excellent. I notice I'm putting a little more cheese than I probably should in my salads, but I'm waiting until I plateau before really addressing that. Also yesterday I ate the last of the pasta from Tuesday's lunch meeting, so that also might have slowed me down on the weight loss journey yesterday. Snacks have been fruit, mostly bananas, and all I've drank for days is coffee (black) and water.

A few quick additional thoughts:

1) My wife's started going for walks to get some exercise, and she's invited me to join her on weekends when I'm home. I'm really excited about this. Exercise, and time with the family! I'll let you know next week how they go this weekend.

2) I'm starting, slowly, to think about what my fitness challenge will be after I complete this set of 8 weeks. I was originally thinking there'd be a lot more weight stuff, but after acknowledging how much weight I really want to lose, I'm really thinking I should up the cardio instead. I might make a modified Max 30 program, dropping the Strength workouts though. I want to see which workouts from Month 2 I like though. I want to keep up the intensity, so Month 2 workouts will probably be what gets included, but if they're on par maybe I can use both months? Also I might add in one more Bas Rutten day per week. But, still deciding all of this. I have lots of time.

Oh, Spanish update! So, my meeting yesterday also made me completely blank on Spanish practice. So, officially, I missed a day. Duolingo allows me to miss a day if I pay them 10 lingots (in-game currency) and I remembered at 11:30pm last night that I needed to do that. So I did. I'm now down 10 lingots, but my streak is still alive, I guess.

I got my daily practice in while I drank my preworkout this morning. I'll probably do more at lunch, per the norm, but wanted to do a little extra today since I missed yesterday.

Alright, that's my jam. Talk to you soon Internet world!

No comments:

Post a Comment