Thursday, January 21, 2016

Half a pound by tomorrow, can I do it?

Well, not sure how to think about today. I started the week at 227.4. After a huge weight gain on Tuesday, I was back to 227.4 yesterday. That makes tomorrow's goal 226.9. So, what did I clock in at this morning?

227.4.

What a weird weight loss/gain week.

One more day to lose half a pound. I'm going for it!

Nutrition wise, yesterday was decent. I had salad for dinner, mostly bananas for snacks (one small protein/coffee mixture too), and for lunch I tried an arepa with some coworkers. It was good. The bread wasn't what I was hoping for diet-wise, but the filling was shredded beef, black beans, a little cheese and a plaintain, so not too far off from what I'd have in my salad.

I got a short walk in yesterday too. Not my normal length, only about 20 minutes because of some work stuff, but still something.

So, this morning was the Tabata Strength workout. I stand by, this is not how I like to do strength. If we're going for strong, I want to focus on slow weight movement. This is cardio training that wants to be strong. I do like the tabata concept, but to me it works better for cardio than it does for strength. As a result, I would give half of my workout an A and half of it a D, averaging at about a C. I sweat, definitely, but the pushups stuff just didn't feel great. The jumping stuff and burpees did, though, so there were some positives.

I should also point out there wasn't much sleep last night, so that might have contributed. Baby just wasn't having it, so I guess neither were mom and dad.

So, that's my story. I want to have a killer workout tomorrow (Friday Fight) so I'm not popping in the 15 minute workout tonight. I'm going to go for an excellent walk at lunch, though, so that should help. I'll let you know if I hit the goal.

Oh, also, yesterday's weird work schedule made me finally forget to practice Spanish. My streak has ended. :(

Fortunately, I can get back on the horse, which is exactly what I'm going to do today. Just a little bummed, but hey, it was bound to happen eventually I guess.

Alright, .5 lbs. Let's do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment