Monday, January 11, 2016

Let's get Week 2 started!

Well, week 2 has begun.

Let me start out by saying I feel good. Saturday was a push/pull workout, my only real true resistance workout, and it went really well. It was The Challenge from P90X3. I actually did pushups. Thus far in my program (only one week) I've done every single pushup on my knees. Truthfully, I couldn't even get through a full pushup. But on Saturday, I figured I'd give real pushups a shot, and I got them done. All in all, just over half of the pushups in the workout (about 100 total) were real pushups, which was a hell of a victory. Goal for next week? Up the number of real pushups, and maybe up the number of pushups I go for too (this is a "pick your numbers" workout).

Sunday I did the Bas Rutten all around workout. For those not in the know on my old old blog posts, this one's an audio workout, and Bas is calling out both punching/kicking combos AND exercises. So, pushups, situps, shadowbox, etc. These pushups I did on my knees so I could crank out a few more. Next time I have this workout (in two weeks) I'll go for real pushups. Overall this one went well. I lost some gas at the end and slowed down a lot. The final move is truly soul crushing - jump as high as you can, knees to chest, for 1, 2, 3...10. Yup, you do a lot of those in the final few minutes. I skipped sets 7 and 9, I was just too gassed, but pushed through for the rest. It felt really good to be able to push.

And then there's today. This morning I revisted Cardio Challenge from Insanity Max 30. This thing still kicked my ass, hard, but I did 1000% better than last week! Not too much that I can say about it that's new. Same workout, but I was able to push harder and longer. I was pretty soaked at the end.

So, now the bad news. I'm feeling good, yes, but weight wise I am not good. That Fat Free Jew is very much a Fat Jew right now. I got on the scale this morning, and I've decided that the number is not worth sharing. I thought I was about 35 lbs over my goal, but it turns out I'm more than 50 lbs away from my goal. Ya, that's a lot. The diet's been good for a week (minus a Saturday cheat day, but even that wasn't as bad as I was in December) so I'm thinking I was even heavier a week ago. But ya, it's pretty high.

So, ok, just means more work ahead of me. I was planning on getting into a bit more weight exercises after my 8-week challenge, but I might need a little (a lot) more cardio after this. Also I'm going to put some of the reading on hold for the moment (normally done at lunch) and focus on adding in a 30 minute walk at lunch listening to educational podcasts instead. I tried that out today, and this could totally be sustainable.

Best weight loss system I know (aside from diet and working my ass off, of course) is to try to lose .5 lbs every two days. How's it work? Well, I know what I weighed this morning. Goal now is to weigh .5 lbs less than that on Wednesday. I'll weigh myself tomorrow to make sure I'm on track (and if I'm not, it'll nag at me all day so I don't eat too much). And then, if I blow the goal out of the water on Wednesday (fingers crossed), goal for Friday is .5 lbs less than the Wednesday actual weight. I've tried this before, and it worked well. So, I'll let you know if I hit my weight goals or not, but probably will keep the numbers to myself until they're at a place where I can stomach them (no pun intended).

Alright, that's my jam right now. Still rocking hard on the Spanish. I'll see if I can figure out a time to read in there as well, but priorities are important and exercise and physical health need to take the priority right now if I want to set a good example for my little girl.

Until next time readers, adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment