Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Week 4 begins!

Last night we got into Starting Strength and worked really hard! We started with running a few laps around the park behind the house, followed by some sprints. Then we stretched, and went back to the house to get started. I squated 175 like I was supposed to (I was originally thinking about doing 170). I don't think I went low enough, but I did have pretty decent form and held my own. I actually feel really good about these squats. 185 is tomorrow, and my goal is to go low! Hopefully I can do it.

Shoulder press was next and I did 125 lbs. It felt heavy at first, but overall I felt like these were a lot stronger than last Wednesday's reps! I have to muscle the weight up to above my head, usually using my legs to get some momentum, but my arms went up evenly and I was really proud of my progress.

I finished with chinups. Two sets of 7 and 1 set of 6. These numbers are still increasing and I love it. Chinups get easier every week. Now if only my pullups could get better....

We finished with the usual 15 minutes of abs. It was a good workout. There's 6 of us working out now, though, and it's starting to get crowded in the gym. It slowed down the process too. There's a few people that aren't able to lift as much as the rest of the group, though, and I'm thinking they may be better off using the total gym and the door gym and just working out while we work out. It's no insult to them....I just feel like Starting Strength may not be the way they want to go anyways, and this would save us all a little time in the gym. We spent about 2 hours working out last night, and after hour 1 I was ready for food!

So overall, good day yesterday. Tonight I'm planning on doing the Bas Rutten all around workout and maybe some additional cardio from Insanity. I'm looking for a good 45 minutes of heart pounding. I may do plyo or another martial arts workout too. Not 100% sure yet. I'll let you know.

That's all I've got. Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment