Friday, August 12, 2011

Trying to get back into cardio

Ok, I need to get cardio going again and I need to get my damn legs with the program. I threw in Core Cardio & Balance from Insanity last night, and I'll give myself a B+ for my efforts. It was a good workout overall, but WOW, I have not done Insanity in a while. This thing kicked my ass, and this is the recovery workout! Despite dying, though, I kept with most of the program and felt pretty good at the end. My legs were hurting, but I tried to use the cardio as a chance to stretch and work on flexibility. There's a few squat exercises in this workout too, and I tried to go as low as possible.

So ya, decent workout. Not great, but decent.

Tonight I'm finishing up Week 5 of Starting Strength. I'm planning on doing 195 again on the squat, focusing on going lower, and I'm debating going up to 185 on bench. I'm still concerned I didn't go low enough the other day with bench, but I'll leave that up in the air. My pullups, though, are going up! I am promising that to myself!

K, that's all I've got. Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment