Monday, August 29, 2011

Recap from the last few days

A quick recap of the last few days.....

Thursday I went home sick from work and chose not to work out. Lame, but it's the truth.

Friday we wrapped up Week 7 of Starting Strength. I made a lot of progress on my lifts. 225 on squats (and they were decent....not great, but decent) and I got one more rep out on bench at 185. As for pullups, I stayed at 3 sets of 7. Good, but that was the same as the week before. Hopefully this week I can get that number to go.

Finally, we wrapped up with curls. We'd been talking about doing this for a little while, and I think curls finally have a home on Fridays. Unfortunately, there's no curl bar, and I learned very quickly that curls with a straight bar are murder on the forearms. Expect a curl bar update in the future. I got 3 sets of 5 done at 70 lbs though, so that was a good place to start.

Interesting development from Saturday. No workout, but friends came over to watch the fights. One friend said he could bench 155, and out of curiosity we all went into the gym. He did fine at 155, but then we all tried 155. I did a set without struggling at all, but I noticed that my form was a lot better at this weight (obviously) and even though I got through it, it still felt really heavy. I want my form to get a lot better, specifically going all the way down to my chest, and I don't like that it still felt heavy. I may be dropping down soon to work on form, like I've been doing with other weights. Just wanted to note that.

On Sunday my girlfriend and I did Core Cardio & Balance from Insanity. She wants to lose some weight for a wedding we're going to in October, so I put together a 28 day challenge for her using the DVDs I own. This was Day 1. She and I have done this before, and she did great. There's room for improvement, but I'm proud of her for starting, and I wish her luck on the next 4 weeks. As for me, I love this workout and got a great cardio blast in yesterday. It felt good.

That's the last few days. Today we begin Week 8 of Starting Strength. I'm ready!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment