Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The return of Kenpo X!

Well, I told this blog a few months ago that I was done with Kenpo X. I had grown out of the workout and wasn't going to do it anymore. Yesterday I made myself a liar, and hit play on Kenpo X!

This is still a fun workout, and after not doing cardio as heavy as I was a few months ago, this thing actually got me a pretty great workout. The girlfriend and I worked out together too, which was fun. We threw the punches (which she's really starting to get down) and kicks like we were on a mission, and by the end I was feeling great. Overall, good workout.

I learned yesterday that my cardio has fallen tremendously from my Insanity days, which was only a few months ago. When it cools off a little (it's hot in the garage) I may force myself to do 2 Insanity workouts per week, or I may try that 5K program that's been sitting on my phone for a while. I hate running, but running may be the way to go to get myself feeling good again.

On the weight front, tonight is another round of Starting Strength. I'm excited to get started on 135 on the shoulder press, but I am not excited for deadlift. My form is garbage on deadlift, and I'm trying 195 tonight. That's a bit of a drop from last week, but when I first started having deadlift problems I went down to 185 and got my set done.

As for today's juice, it wasn't great but the more vegetables I add the less great it is. Fortunately it's great for me, so I'm happy with that and can choke it down.

2 green apples
1 cucumber
1 carrot
1/2 beet
1 handful of parsley
4 stalks of kale
8 asparagus
1 piece of ginger

I think it's the asparagus I don't like. Oh well, I got it in me and have eaten a bunch of fruit since then. I need this damn fat to go away!

I'll let you know how Starting Strength goes tonight.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment