Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cardio Challenge

As planned, I went to smoke hookah last night and made up my cardio workout this morning. I opted to do Cardio Challenge from Supreme 90 Day. Aside from the fact that you can't turn off the music and the warmup doesn't have any stretching, I really like the Supreme 90 workouts and this is one of my favorites. Not including warmup or cooldown, it's 30 minutes long, but each exercise is performed for 30 seconds followed by a 30 second break. I've talked about this workout before, but overall I wanted to say I like the format a lot. Knowing I only have 30 seconds to do a specific exercise, and I get a good long break after it, it's really easy to push myself hard. I was pretty sweaty by the end and it felt good to move fast again. There's also a lot of cardio weight moves in here, and that's always an interesting thing when I do it. I can push 130 lbs over my head 5 times no problem, but when I have 10 lbs in each hand but I have to press as many times as possible in 30 seconds, a whole new challenge is presented!

As for food, today I'm sticking to fruits and nuts and veggies. I had a protein shake (powder and water) when I woke up, then after the workout I had my usual juice (recipe will be below) and so far I've had a banana and some peanuts. There's strawberries, another banana and a pluot on my near future, and I may or may not have one more protein shake. Also tonight is corned beef night, which is one of my absolute favorites, so I'm very excited. Plus, somehow yesterday I didn't eat any meat! I had a little protein from hummus and a few pieces of calamari, but most of the food was fried last night and I actually started to get a headache from it. Fried food really needs to leave my diet completely. But ya, no meat at all, so I am very excited to eat an animal tonight!

Juice wise (I told you the recipe was coming) this morning I had the following:
2 green apples
1 cucumber
1 carrot
2 handfuls of spinach
1 handful of parsley
2 stalks of kale
a tiny piece of ginger

That was the most veggies I've done in a juice so far. It was tasty. Not the tastiest of the week (yesterday's gets that award so far) but tasty none the less. I'm noticing that the apples really make everything taste like apple no matter what I put in after. The cucumber also tastes a little like an apple, so that helps. Pretty much as long as I have 2 green apples and 1 cucumber, I can go nuts and it's delicious.

My goal for next week? Beets! Wish me luck on those, because they look nasty!

K, that's all I've got. I'm hungry. Time to find some fruit.

Bring it!

1 comment:

  1. I think you meant to post:

    Abdominal exercise machines might be an extremely effective tool to obtain a flat stomach, but it takes dedication and consistency to accomplish it.

    ReplyDelete