Monday, August 22, 2011

Fruit, Vegetable Juice and Heavy Stuff

That title sums up my life these days. I've eaten fruit and vegetable juice for a week now. I cheated on Saturday, and Sunday had a pretty tasty breakfast (tasty means not so healthy) but other than that it was a good weekend foodwise. Of course meat was for dinner, and the girlfriend and I made some really tasty flank steak on the grill last night. Good times.

I had a long, amazing, but long night on Saturday and was very tired Sunday. That, plus the poor nutrition for breakfast meant I had no desire to workout Sunday. Instead I got up this morning and hit play on Cardio X. I forgot how fun this workout is. It's just simple little snippets from yoga x, kenpo x, plyo x and core synergistics. I'll be honest, I skipped the core section, and my yoga wasn't very good. I was tired this morning. I'm not a fan of Mondays. But I did get some sort of workout in, and I'm happy for that.

Tonight we get back into Starting Strength with Week 7! I'm looking forward to 215 on the squats and making progress on 185 on bench. I'm giving myself all week to make strides on 185, but if I can't get past 3x3 by Friday, I'm going back down to 180 next week. Also I plan to up my chinups tonight, finally hitting that 1x10 mark. Maybe even 3x10. Wish me luck!

Also a quick note, I've officially had a request for bigger biceps. It'll be a game time call, but on Wednesday I think I'm going to start the bicep curls. This may mean that I need to get a curl bar, but I want to do 3x5 of the basic barbell curl, adding 10 lbs until that's too much and then adding 5 lbs. My biceps have gotten a lot stronger and a lot harder, but not a lot bigger. I'm ready for them to join the club. Officially, that means I won't be doing Starting Strength anymore since I won't be following the routine as written, but I think it's a good decision.

So that's my story. Great weekend. It's Monday. Ya, that's all I have to say.

Oh, today's juice recipe was pretty tasty. I really hate carrots, and I've upped it to 2 carrots now, so we're bordering on too many carrots. It still tastes like apple juice, kind of, but no more carrots after 2.

2 green apples
1 cucumber
2 carrots (gross!)
2 handfuls of spinach
1 piece of ginger

This was not my favorite juice, but definitely drinkable and lots of veggies were in here.

Ok, that's all I've got.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment