Monday, August 15, 2011

A few workout recaps and juice!

Friday night we finished up Week 5 of Starting Strength. It was a better workout than the rest of the week, but still not great. I did 195 again on squats and it's still very hard to get low. My legs are in absolute agony by the end of squats. I wonder if something is actually wrong. I'm going to start adding weight again as of today, but only +5 from this point forward. That puts me at 200 lbs tonight on the squat, so hopefully I can squat low with this amount.

Sunday we went hiking for the day's workout. Unfortunately we ran into a bee sting problem and half of my hike was cut off. I'm glad I at least got the exercise. Also on the way back we ran into the same bees, and ended up turning around spending a good chunk of time looking for another way. We never found that other way and ended up having to face the dreaded bees once more, this time successfully, but getting lost at least got me a little extra exercise.

Also over the weekend I watched a really cool documentary about juicing vegetables called Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. I do not eat vegetables, at all, and I've always said that that's a texture thing. This video kind of inspired me (especially the truck driver in it...seriously, go watch it!) and I want to start juicing. I don't think I'm ready for a 60 Day Juice Fast, or even a 10 Day Juice Fast yet, but yesterday I went to the store and bought spinach, cucumber, asparagus, green apples and a few other things too. This morning my girlfriend helped me and we made my first juice, which consisted of 2 apples, 1 whole cucumber, a handful of parsley and 2 handfuls of spinach. I've gotta say, it wasn't bad! It tasted like weird apple juice, and I was surprised that I actually felt full at the end. That fullness didn't last very long and I ate a banana when I got into the office an hour later, but I ate more vegetables this morning than I've eaten in my entire life! Seriously, that's ridiculous.

So the new diet starts today officially. My plan is to do a juice in the morning, snack on fruits and nuts throughout the day, do a protein shake (powder and water) in the middle of the day and eat meat at night after working out. I've gotta get rid of this belly, and I think I'm on my way to do it.

I do want to try a 10 Day Juice Fast sometime, but maybe after a month or two of this. I'm definitely not ready yet.

I'll check in tomorrow with the results of tonight's workout. Wish me luck!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment