Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Missed some blogs, but didn't miss workouts (Also the wrap up Max:30)

Well, it's been a busy few days and I've missed some checkins. Almost a week's worth. But I haven't missed workouts. I'll give an overview of what's been going on.

First off, Insanity Max:30 is complete! I finished Friday in a puddle of sweat. I joyfully jumped on the scale and found myself at 213.8. A reminder, I don't know my actual starting weight thanks to old scale issues, but I'm putting it around 240. Thus, I'm saying I lost about 25 lbs on this round!

My thoughts on Max:30? It's an amazing program, and I personally liked it more than Insanity. The strength stuff is lame, just not how I like to work out, but the overall program, especially the cardio and endurance, is outstanding. If you're ever looking for a great way to lose some weight in 8 weeks, this is the program you need to check out!

Well, Saturday I started my new program, based predominantly on Max:30. I'm starting with a "recovery" week. Recovery is a relative term, it's hard as F$%@, but no Insanity workouts this week minus a few of the 15 minute ones.

Saturday I broke into Les Mills Combat Upper Body, and I've gotta say that that was awesome! Totally different workout than I've ever done before. I liked it.

Sunday I got into one of the Fire workouts from Turbo Fire. This is where I had some issue. I like Turbo Fire a lot, but I've only ever done the HIIT workouts. The Fires are not the same. Much slower, more dance like moves. 10 minutes into it and I realized it wasn't for me. So, I switched over to a HIIT workout, and have since modified my recovery weeks to only be HIIT workouts on TF days.

Yesterday was the Bas Rutten Kickboxing workout, the 3-minute rounds, and it was awesome! I absolutely love the Bas Rutten workouts.

And finally, today was HIIT 30 from Turbo Fire, and it truly kicked my ass.

Back into some weights tomorrow.

So, how's my weight been? Well, the weekend wasn't kind, and I ballooned up to 214.8 on Monday. Sigh. I didn't eat terribly, but I didn't eat great either. Well, rules are rules, so that puts Wednesday's goal at 214.3. I weighed in this morning, though, and clocked in at 213.2! Back on track, but unfortunately today's weight doesn't count, it's not a goal day. So, just need to eat clean and stay on track today and I should be able to blow tomorrow's goal out of the water!

Also quick shout out to my wife. She started 21 Day Fix on Saturday, and is absolutely crushing it! She's rocking the meal plan and hasn't missed a workout yet. I jumped in to one or two with her, and these things are tough! I need to remember the Upper Body Fix workout especially when I put future programs together.

Alright, that's my story. Wish me luck today!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment