Thursday, March 10, 2016

A few updates for missed days

Don't let the title mislead you, I have not missed a day of working out. I have just missed a few blog posts. Hey, I said from the get-go it wouldn't be an every day thing.

Tuesday I got back into weights with the return of Eccentric Upper. Wasn't a long break, it's only been two weeks, but it felt good. Honestly, this is the same muscles as Incinerator, my current Saturday workout, but done with the opposite emphasis (more chest/back, less arms). Doing the two together this whole program, I'm very excited to see the results.

Yesterday was the return of Sweat Intervals. Holy crap is this a workout! I was soaked by the end! Absolutely awesome, even though I was sort of moving slow and had a B- workout.

I spent yesterday on a work trip, and did a lot of walking. According to my Fitbit, that was the most steps I've taken in a single day. So, that was cool.

Unfortunately, the work trip also resulted in some not so healthy meals. Sigh....

I did Cardio from 21 Day Fix with the wife last night as well. Wanted to work off the goo from the food.

And then today was Sweat Fest. I like this workout as a midweek recovery workout. It's basically a 30-minute Insanity workout (which they all are, but this one actually follows the old Insanity format). But for some reason I really wasn't feeling it today, and I'm going to give today's workout a C-. Boo!

So, let's talk weight. Feeling super bummed about Monday's weigh in, I worked really hard for a good number on Wednesday. Tuesday I saw literally no scale movement, which I guess was good considering I had a few fried noodles at dinner the night before. But I wanted to kick it in gear, so I pushed hard on the diet.

And Wednesday morning (pre bad food) I clocked in at 210.8. That's .1 under Monday's original goal. So, that's awesome! Unfortunately, I felt really queesy from being on a pretty empty stomach, so this was definitely at the limits for me on the how-low-can-I-force-the-scale scale.

So, a few workouts and yesterday's bad diet later, today I clocked in at 211.4. Yup, back where I was last Friday. With that in mind, I'm keeping the diet super clean today, and I got a decent walk in at lunch. I've got Friday Fight Rd. 1 tomorrow morning, and then the weigh in. My goal for tomorrow is 210.3. That's going to be a huge stretch, especially considering how I pushed for the 210.8, but it's what I wrote down so I'm going to shoot for it.

Wish me luck!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment