Friday, March 25, 2016

Mixed feelings about this week

Well, today is a milestone day. Today marks the end of my 12th week of working out and dieting. Altogether, I've lost 36 lbs. But today is a milestone, not just because it's the end of week 12 (and the halfway point of my second program), but because I outlined 3 programs for myself, all based on the 8-week Max:30 schedule, making it a 24 week goal. Thus, I'm at the halfway point of the cardio-portion of my plan. 12 more weeks and I can focus on weights more. At least, that's the plan. Plans change. I might want to focus on more cardio and adjust to lose more weight, not sure yet. I'm also dreading hitting a plateau, which hasn't actually happened yet.

But anyways, despite such successful progress, and seriously, 36 lbs in 12 weeks is a huge success, I have mixed feelings about this week. I started the week off higher than I wanted, but I caught back up. I was 206.0 on Wednesday, making today's goal 205.5.

Working toward that Friday goal, I woke up yesterday and hit play on Sweat Fest. Side note, this might be the last time I see Sweat Fest. I've actually grown to like it overall. It's more traditional Insanity than the rest of Max:30, which I like, but it also has a long stretch in the beginning that throws off my rhythm. It's not currently programmed into anything I'm doing further, but like I said above, plans change.

Anyways, I hit play on Sweat Fest yesterday, and the workout was pretty mediocre. Not sure why, just never really got going the way I like. I sweat, it definitely happened, but it wasn't as great as some other workouts this week.

Despite that so-so workout, I hopped on the scale yesterday and found myself at 204.0. Yup, WAY lower than I thought I'd be. Now, since my last post, I should say that I've eaten super clean and had a good walk on Wednesday, so I was happy to see that all of that had been working just fine. I was actually pretty elated all day thinking about that 204.0.

Yesterday was a weird diet day. I had a meeting that cut into my usual schedule. I still kept it clean, but ended up having dinner much much later than I'd like. I wrote about it the other day, but I think late dinners screw up my morning weigh ins.

This morning I woke up, feeling mighty groggy, and hit play on Friday Fight Rd. 1 (the last time I see this workout until my next program). Man oh man, I had a terrible workout today. Like I said above, I broke a good sweat, and to the modern man this might have actually been a decent effort, but compared to what I know I'm capable of, I was pretty disappointed in myself. My legs just couldn't keep up and I was severely dragging ass.

So, another poor workout behind me, I hopped on the scale. And there, looking back at me, was 204.0.

Now this is the mixed feelings part. My goal today was 205.5, and I overshot that by a full 1.5. But I also didn't move the needle at all from yesterday (which I think seeing yesterday just raised my expectations too much) and with two poor workouts and a late-night dinner between official weigh ins, I can't help but want to kick myself for not focusing a bit more.

Oh well, what's done is done. And hey, new goal of 203.5 for Monday. I don't think the wife and I have any cheat meals actually planned over the next few days (I might splurge for popcorn at a movie though, not sure) so I'm hoping to stay really clean over the weekend. Onward to a weight that starts with a 1 (which numbers wise shouldn't happen for two weeks, but I'm not-so-secretly hoping it happens next week).

Onward to my recovery week. Tomorrow I revisit Les Mills Combat's Upper Body workout, along with Max:30 Max 15, and then next week is a lot of TurboFire HIIT workouts. Let's see what I can pull off.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment