Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Lifting Weights with Shaun T

While putting this program together, I was looking into YouTube fitness videos. There's a lot out there, like a lot a lot, and some are really great at first glance. But I've come to trust a select group of trainers, namely the Beachbody folks. As luck would have it, that's when I came across an upper body workout from Shaun T, totally free. So, I've built it into my current program, once during each of the two recovery weeks.

This was a pretty great workout. Not the best lifting program I've ever done, but a good 25 minute workout that hit the arms decently. I liked it. There's also punching in between the lifting sets, mostly to keep the heart rate up, but that was a good mix up as well. After this program there's a good chance I'll never see this workout again, but never say never, who knows. I'll give it a B- for quality.

Weight wise, my goal for today was 214.3. If you remember, I clocked in under that yesterday. And this morning I clocked in for the official weigh in, coming in at 212.4! Holy crap, I blew this goal out of the water!

Well, this puts Friday's goal at 211.9, and I plan to crush it. I should mention, our new scale only does weights in even numbered decimals, so 211.9 is officially impossible on my scale, but I'm still going to move forward with my .5 lbs goals. I guess I'll just have to overshoot in the actual numbers sometimes.

I'm also doing a challenge with my work to lose the most weight. The challenge started today and goes through May 9. I had an official weigh in after lunch, and came in at 216.0 on that (a few hours later, plus some food, lots of water, and some clothes). So, I'm not planning to change anything with my current plan, but the added motivation helps. I'll let you know how I do on that plan in a few months.

Not sure what I have scheduled tomorrow, a TurboFire workout I think, then I'm almost done with the Recovery Week and back into a killer workout program.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment