Friday, March 4, 2016

The Recovery Week is Over

Ok, first off, my definition of Recovery Week is probably inaccurate. Basically I just wanted a break from Insanity for a week. And honestly, I miss it. But this week was an absolute killer. The Turbo Fire HIIT workouts were brutal, the 3-minute Bas Rutten workout was brutal, and even my two weight workouts were brutal. All brutal!

Anyways, I did my final two workouts for the week this morning. Yes, two, but they were both 15 minutes, so still stuck to 30 minutes. I started with HIIT 15 from Turbo Fire. This is definitely the easiest of the TF HIITs, not just because it was 15 minutes but because the HIITs were noticeably shorter. That said, I was pretty darn sweaty by the end of this, and kind of regretted having Max 15 cued up next.

Max 15 was eh. This is a great workout, but I was feeling pretty dead at this point. I got more cardio in, but it wasn't my best workout. Oh well. I think I got overzealous when I put today together, but thought it would be cool to start and end the recovery week with this 15 minute version of Max 30.

I'll revisit the Recovery Week in a few weeks, written out the same. Should be fun, but overall I don't think I'm building recovery weeks into future programs.

So let's talk scale. As you know, today;s goal was 211.9. I came in at 212.2 yesterday, and was a little worried because I had a potluck last night to go to with pizza. I did, in fact, have a slice of pizza ( just one) but other than that stuck to cold cut meats and cheeses as my dinner. I also kept it super clean all day, eating two salads, a piece of salmon and a few protein shakes. So, good job nutrition overall.

I weighed in this morning, and found myself at.....

211.4!!!

Yup, overshot the goal! I'm pumped! This now puts Monday's goal at 210.9. This one's going to be a challenge. Family is in town on Sunday and we're doing burger night, today is employee appreciation day and my boss got us sandwiches (I'm having a small cheesesteak, and yes, that was the healthiest option), and tomorrow's a fight night which is never good. But everything food-wise is ok on the diet as long as it's 1) in moderation and 2) I eat the rest of the day with that food in mind. So, let's put this to the test!

Looking forward to some good workouts this weekend. Some P90X3 weight stuff, some Max:30 cardio, and I'm probably going to try to join the wife on a workout for 21 Day Fix too (which, by the way, she is absolutely crushing!).

Alright, that's my story.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment