Monday, March 21, 2016

Why Do We Fall Master Bruce?

Ya, my title's a quote. Deal with it. For those just joining us, from Batman Begins....

Alfred: Why do we fall, Master Bruce?
Bruce: To pick ourselves back up again.

There's a chance I'm paraphrasing. I don't feel like checking.

So why this quote? Well, last week I had a truly excellent week. Lost a bunch of weight, worked out great, etc.

But today? Today I weighed in at 208.8. Yup. I came in 2 lbs heavier than I did on Friday, AND I am 2.5 lbs above what my goal for today was.

So what happened in the middle? My poor diet was destroyed. First off, I ate WAY too late Friday night. We went out, and when we came home I made a big omelette. The food itself wasn't too unhealthy, but I can't eat that late. After a certain point, there has to be a cutoff.

Next, Saturday, I ate sushi. I ate a lot of sushi. It was homemade. And while delicious, that also means I had a ton of rice (boo, carbs), cream cheese, and eel sauce. Oh, so much eel sauce. And then I had mochi! Three pieces of mochi!

It gets worse. Then the wife and I got a sitter (last minute thing) and went over a friend's birthday party. Jelly beans, cheetos and chips. Lots of them! It was bad!

As for yesterday, Sunday, I actually kept it pretty clean overall. I had leftover sushi, so the rice and cream cheese still killed me, but at least I never stuffed myself. But again, the end result was bad. Very, very bad.

I did get some good workouts in this weekend. I did Incinerator on Saturday morning, and got my arms and chest/back feeling pretty good. Didn't feel any DOMS, but that's to be expected. My body's getting used to the workout. Fortunately I'm switching the order of Incinerator/Eccentric Upper starting in two weeks, plus next week I'm doing a totally different lifting workout, so hopefully that keeps me going.

I also threw in Ab Ripper X from P90X. I haven't been focusing on abs this round, and decided, after getting my abs handed to me from a 21 Day Fix Workout the week before, that I should probably start.

Sunday I had a rockin' Cardio Challenge from Max:30, and also did a pretty solid upper body workout with the wife (another 21 Day Fix workout, those things are brutal). Yesterday was also a weird day. Our daughter woke up with a bad ear infection, so the day started in the urgent care instead of the gym. I didn't miss my workout, but my nutrition was all out of whack at that point.

And then this morning I did Bas Rutten's MMA workout. All 10 rounds of 2 minutes. I did much much better than I've ever done on this workout before, but holy crap do I still have a long ways to go. By round 5, I feel like I'm going to die. Those damn burpees kill me. I have kickboxing next week, and then I'm moving up to the 3 minute rounds of this one. I'm starting to wonder if that's a bad idea. I'm still going to do it for this round, but for future programs I might need to rethink if I'm capable of doing the mother of all Bas Rutten workouts.

Anyways, whatever workout positives I want to take from this, it was still a bad weekend for my diet/fitness. 2 lbs. 2 freakin' lbs.

Well, I'm back on the horse. Got lots of little, healthy meals with me today. And I'm going to go for a harder than usual walk at lunch to try to get some extra calories gone. I still want to lose a lot of weight this week, and be under 206 by the end of the week. I think I can do it. I know I can do it. I just need to bring it!

Wish me luck!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment