Thursday, March 17, 2016

Still having a pretty great week!

Well, the week of good progress continues.

Yesterday I did Sweat Intervals from Max:30, and honestly, that might have been my best workout this entire year. Seriously, I was blown away. I had energy, I had focus, and I pushed really hard. I came out of it soaked in sweat and felt amazing.

Now, I should say, I was coming off a sushi night the night before, and I did eat a good amount. Mostly fish, a little rice, but still, it was a lot.

So, after my great workout yesterday, and after all that sushi, I hopped on the scale. The goal was 208.9. And then I clocked in....

....at 208.6! KABOOM! What an awesome thing to find out. I kept the diet clean on sushi day so I could eat my fish/rice massacre, worked super hard after, and came out just fine.

I kept the diet clean yesterday too. I'm still eating literally all day, snack almost every 2 hours, and I love it! It's fun making so much food the night before too. I really enjoy cooking.

Also I got a decent walk in yesterday. Got busy at work, so it wasn't the longest walk, but anything is better than nothing, right?

This morning was Sweat Fest, the Insanity workout that snuck its way into Max:30 as an alternate workout. The long stretch always throws me off on this one, but other than that I felt really good. Aside from the brutal warmup at the beginning, this really is just a great 20 minute HIIT workout. I didn't have as much energy as yesterday, but I had an above-average workout none the less (after my legs finally woke up). All in all, I'm pleased with myself.

So, based on yesterday's weight, tomorrow's goal is 208.1. Excellent, totally doable. Especially since this morning I clocked in at 207.6!!!! Yup, huge drop from yesterday. See what exercise and keeping it clean does? Unfortunately, today is not an official weigh in day, so I can't count it, but it looks like I'm well on my way to obliterating my goal for tomorrow.

So, side note, still super proud of the wife! She's about to annihilate her first round of 21 Day Fix. She'll be done with the program tomorrow, and it looks like she's going to be down more than 7 lbs! What an awesome victory for her, I'm so unbelievably happy for her. She's doing amazing, and I can't wait to see how she does on round 2 of this program!

One final thought before I sign out. I really enjoy lifting weights. I had that awesome workout on Tuesday, and my arms are still feeling it (barely) today! I'm a little sad I only get to lift twice per week now, but priority one is to get this damn fat off me, and then I can hit the weights hard come June.

Alright, that's my story. Have a great day team!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment