Monday, March 7, 2016

My diet was assaulted this weekend

Well, it's Monday. Since I last checked in, my diet has suffered some unfortunate situations.

Friday at lunch, my boss bought us all sandwiches. And that was a super appreciative thing to do, but I personally gave in and ate a whole 9 inch cheesesteak. No good.

Saturday night, we were going to go out, but our little girl was having a rough night and we decided to do takeout instead. There's a great pita place that does salads near us, but for some reason I convinced myself to do a pita instead. And without thinking, I ate the whole thing.

And finally, last night we went to a burger night event with my folks. And this was amazing. They had everything you could want on a burger. Truffle aioli, garlic aioli, candied bacon, 6 different cheeses, kobe patties....it was intense. For some reason I threw caution to the wind and got the kobe, not the turkey, used a few cheeses and sauces, and even used a bun instead of going bun less.

The result? My Friday weigh in was 211.4, my goal for today was 210.9, and I clocked in today at 211.8. Sigh. The scale moved in the wrong direction.

Now, that all said, my diet was super duper clean all weekend aside from these cheat meals. And I worked out hard. So, all things considered, I'm not too displeased with these results. Not happy, that's for sure, but it clearly could have been worse and I'm definitely starting to figure out this whole eat to balance the bad stuff mentality.

So, like I said, workouts were good this weekend. Friday I got into P90X3 Incinerator. The name's interesting. This is an upper body weight workout, with slightly more emphasis on the arms than on the chest/back. It also has an interesting mix, where you hit a body part with weights, then hit it again with body weight work. Overall, I really liked it, and want to pair it with Eccentric Upper someday to get a really good overall balance for the upper body.

Sunday was the return of Cardio Challenge. I haven't seen this workout since Week 4 of Max 30, and I had forgotten how truly awesome it is. It kicked my butt, and I'm sure this workout will never be easy. They say the second month workouts are harder, and they are, but only slightly. Also it felt really good to get back into the mix of Max 30 workouts again after my recovery week.

Finally, this morning I did the Bas Rutten MMA CD, 2 minute rounds. I did all 10, but man oh man, this was not a good workout. The burger was sitting in my belly, and I didn't get a ton of sleep last night thanks to a certain little munchkin, and my energy was just zapped. I flailed more than punched, my kicks got lost toward the end, and my burpees got slower and slower. That said, I was definitely soaked with sweat by the end, so it was definitely a better workout than no workout at all.

I'm slightly debating doing an extra 20 minutes tonight, but it'll be a game time call. I'm just not pleased with my work this morning.

I also have a walk planned today, and for most of the week. Last week I didn't get any walks in, it was just a super busy week at lunch each day, but I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of that too.

Alright, that's my story. Hitting weights again tomorrow with the return of Eccentric Upper. Should be fun.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment