Friday, March 11, 2016

Kaboom to Friday's weight goal!

Wrapped up Week 2 today, and man oh man has it been an excellent fitness day!

I got up this morning feeling pretty good. Baby slept most of the night, which means Mom and Dad slept most of the night too! After a few chores I got into the workout. Today was Friday Fight Rd. 1, which I haven't seen since January. This is such a great workout, it's basically Pure Cardio from the original Insanity with a few harder moves. 1 minute long each, very very few breaks (I think there's two, and the first doesn't come in until the 15 minute mark. Not even one after the warmup!).

And how did I do on today's workout? After a pretty lackluster workout week, today was awesome! I had energy, my muscles felt good (after the warmup. My legs weren't having any of it during the first warmup round) and I feel like I rocked it. My energy dragged a little after the halfway point, not by a lot but a bit, so I'm giving myself an A-. Oh, also my back was acting up the last few days, so two of the pushup/jump/land on a single arm moves I modified a bit. I think that was only two exercises, but I wanted to note it.

As for nutrition, yesterday I ate super clean all day. We had an old friend who I hadn't seen in literally a decade join for dinner, and my amazing wife made us salmon with crab on top, spinach salad and cauliflower rice (which I've really wanted to try). It was all very delicious. We also had fruit salad for dessert.

So, with that healthy meal and great workout under my belt, I got on the scale. Today's goal was sitting at 210.9, and I clocked in at....

209.8!!!!

Yup, I even checked again, and it came up the same. I also didn't feel queesy like I did on Wednesday. So ya, KABOOM, that weight goal got blown out of the water. I'm also in the last 10 pounds before I get below 200 zone. I'm absolutely stoked!

So far I'm loving my new program. It's still basically Max:30 with a few modifications, but ya, I'm feeling good and enjoying the results.

Planning on healthy leftovers for the rest of the day for nutrition, and gonna keep it clean this weekend too so I can hit Monday's new goal of 209.3.

Also I wanted to give another shout out to my wife. She's about to enter Week 3 of 21 Day Fix. She's absolutely rocking the workouts, and the diet, and she's down almost 7 lbs already. I couldn't be more proud of her! Next week is her doubles week (which is kind of cool that 21 Day Fix has) and I'm planning to join her for a few of the night workouts. I'm really excited!

Alright, that's my jam. Talk at you soon Internet land.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment