Friday, March 18, 2016

Well, Week 3 was Fantastic!

And that's all she wrote for Week 3. Yup, my Max:30 revised program now has 3 weeks in the books.

Today was Friday Fight Rd. 1. Holy crap are the Friday Fights hard. I've had energy all week, and truthfully I had energy today too. But that didn't stop this workout from kicking my ass six ways from Sunday (is that a phrase? I think it's a phrase). The no break between warm up and workout already sets this one up to be difficult, and it doesn't stop from there.

Even though I didn't rock this as well as I rocked my other Max:30 workouts this week, I feel like I came out of this ok. A solid B. That's ok considering the great progress I've already had this week.

So, I had a good walk yesterday and kept the diet clean. There was cake at work, but today was a weigh in day so I stayed away (incidentally, there was cake at work today too, but I stayed away again because I just don't need it). Food was super clean. Made some very spicy edamame for a snack, also had a chicken salad that was mighty tasty. And the wife/brother in law made fish, creamed spinach and brown rice. I'm not exactly no carb, but I didn't feel like opening the carb door last night, and just stuck with the fish and spinach. Ate lots of fish too, it was mighty tasty.

Alright, my goal for today was 208.1. I clocked in yesterday at 207.6, so already ahead of the game, but yesterday of course didn't count. So, here we are this morning, a good diet 24 hours of diet, a good walk, a good workout and a number already ahead of my goal under my belt. This morning I stepped on the scale to see.....

206.8!

That's right, this weight goal was completely obliterated!!!! I feel outstanding!

For those keeping score at home, that puts Monday's goal at 206.3. Weekends are always tougher, but I also give myself an extra day to compensate. Let's see what I can pull off.

Side note: major congrats to my wife. She completed 21 Day Fix today, and I couldn't be more proud of her! I think yesterday I said she was on track to lose around 7 lbs. Ya, I was wrong. She lost 9.8 lbs! In 3 weeks! Good freakin' job to her, that is awesome! Next stop? She's starting the program over. It's so cool having the love of my life embracing fitness. I love talking to her about working out, eating right and doing Beachbody programs.

Alright, that's where I'm at. This has been a stellar week for the family and our fitness goals. And now? Now I'm hungry. Looking forward to eating leftover fish for lunch. And tomorrow I'm looking forward to hitting some weights again!

Onward to Week 4!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment