Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day: 54, Calories: 0, Insanity Max Interval Circuit


WorkoutInsanity Max Interval Circuit
Status: Completed
Wrapped up max circuit after work, and it felt incredible! The warmup was shakey..,,.the warmup is always shakey....but after I got warmed up I felt pretty good. It was hard and I definitely had to take some breaks, but by the end I had done more than I'd ever done before on this workout and I was covered in sweat. One big note, on the pushup series in the beginning (4 ski abs, 4 pushup jacks, 4 in and outs, 4 oblique pushups, repeat) I actually did the whole thing on the first series. No breaks at all. Usually I take one or two breaks, and rounds 2 and 3 I had to do that, but round 1 I kept strong and did it. I can't describe how huge that is. Next week I'm going to try to hold on for round 2 too!

One more day in Week 8, and then the final week begins! Insanity is flying by. Dig deep!

WorkoutP90X Back & Biceps
Status: Completed
I got up this morning feeling pretty tired. My body has been a wreck this week, and I don't know why. Even yesterday with the recovery day, all day and night I felt like my joints hated me. My legs feel like I ran 35 miles at full sprint. I'm not sure why I'm so sore....

That said, I woke up, had a pre workout drink and half a pot of coffee, and finally hit play on back and biceps. I definitely felt exhausted, and most of my numbers dropped a little. I went down to 20 lbs for most of the biceps; I usually use 30's. My pullups weren't at strong as last week, both in form and numbers.

Despite all of that, my arms and back feel like they got a workout. As long as I push myself, I guess I still get a good workout even if the weights go down. I feel like I worked hard, and for that I'm calling this workout a victory.

Gonna go get ready for work, and hopefully tonight I'll have all of my energy back and ready for my Insanity workout. I assume you'll know how it went before I do. Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment