Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day: 36, Calories: 0, Insanity Fit Test


Log EntryDaily Note:
Quick note, the sequel to Insanity, the Asylum, just came out and I ordered it. It's a 30 day program for Insanity graduates. 5 new discs. It looks awesome. I'm going to do a little thinking, but I might not do Rushfit right after Insanity, and instead go right into Asylum after some sort of recovery week. Then it would just be one 90 day long program, and I'll do Rushfit after. I don't know, because I was really looking forward to Rushfit, but we'll see. If I did this I'd probably also do the month 3 resistance workout schedule from P90X. Right now it sounds like a good idea, but more thought will be needed. I'll keep you posted.

WorkoutInsanity Fit Test
Status: Completed
Great fit test, and it felt good to get back into the swing of things with Insanity. I pushed really hard, and the first four exercises all of my numbers went up a lot! Like 10 more on everything. Unfortunately, pushing that hard got me a little tired, and the second half my numbers either stayed the same or went down a few. I felt like I got a solid workout, so I'm totally cool with that. It was a great workout, and it got me warmed up for the p90x workout I did after.

WorkoutP90X Chest, Shoulders & Tris
Status: Completed
After the fit test I hopped into a solid chest shoulders and triceps workout. I haven't done this workout in almost 2 months at this point, and I was happy to see that my numbers all went up. My slow mo pushups were very strong, and overall I feel like I got a great workout.

I didn't have the energy to throw in a supreme 90 workout, but maybe next week. I'm going to take a long break today, get some homework done, and then I have my first max workout tonight. Wish me luck! Bring it!

WorkoutInsanity Max Interval Circuit
Status: Completed
Wow. So that's a max workout....

...I miss the regular workouts. That was absolutely ridiculous. I am so tired right now and my shirt is dripping with sweat. The warmup was harder (there were pushups in the warmup!), but I was actually really proud with how well I kept up with it. The circuits themselves are now 4 sets of 45 seconds instead of 30 seconds, and there were 3 total circuit sets instead of 2. The first series I kept up pretty well, but by the second I was feeling pretty drained. I pushed and there's no doubt that I got a great workout, but by the end I was crawling on the floor desperately trying to keep up. The floor switch kicks are crazy hard! And some of the individual sets are complex moves, like 4 variations on pushups for 45 seconds. Those were crazy too.

So we're into month 2. It's going to be tough, but I will say that this is how I felt after Day 1, so I have high hopes that I can get a lot stronger at these workouts over the next four weeks.

Dig Deep!

No comments:

Post a Comment