Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day: 5, P90X Base & Back


WorkoutP90X Base & Back
Status: Completed
I finally got to try Base and Back, and holy crap, this thing is insane! The plyo moves are more difficult than any other plyo workouts I've seen in P90X before, and my legs feel more like jello than they did from Legs and Back. And the pullups are nuts too! There's actually more pullups in this than in Legs and Back, and they're all a lot harder too. Crazy.

The highlights of the plyo stuff was definitely the chair jumps (squat reach jumps from a chair pose) and the runners pose things. Think Mary Kathryns from a runners pose. Absolutely brutal.

This ones not put together as well though. Tony talks a lot and there's a lot of breaks. For his credit, it was a recovery week for him when they filmed it, and even with the breaks I was still soaked at the end.

Great workout and I can't wait to see my improvements on it over the next 90 days. Oh, and I did a lot of pullups today too! Excellent progress so far!

WorkoutP90X Ab Ripper
Status: Completed
Great ab ripper today. My legs were rough in the beginning, but I pushed through and rocked my abs. Did all 50 mason twists again. I figured out too that if you keep your elbows against your body the whole time, the mason twists work much better! Hurt so much (in a good way. I meant in a good way Tony!)

One more day in Week 1 and it's Kenpo X! Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment