Monday, April 4, 2016

Missed two goals in a row

I'm finding myself at a low point in my journey today. Friday's goal was 201.7, and I came in at 201.8. Close, but it's not the whole enchilada (man, enchiladas sound tasty) and I personally always want to overshoot my goals. But, ok, I'll keep it clean all weekend and crush my new 201.3 goal on Monday, or so I thought. I clocked in this morning at a whopping 202.4. Ya, not even close. That's two goals in a row, missed.

Ok, back on the horse. Let's look at the diet and see what happened. Overall, it really was a clean weekend. I ate 3 pieces of fried calamari, and had half a piece of cake for my mother in law's birthday last night. Aside from that, it was a clean weekend. However, I probably put a lot more cheese into the diet than I should have. Yes, that's allowed on my no-carb low-carb whatever you want to call it diet, but this isn't pure Keto I'm doing, it's still calorie counting. Or at least calorie estimating. And I overdid it on the cheese left and right.

Workout wise, I've actually been on fire all weekend! Friday I crushed my final TurboFire workout of this program, HIIT 15, and it was combined with Max:30 Max Out 15, which went pretty damn decent as well. Saturday I lifted heavy weights with Eccentric Upper, then did Ab Ripper X, and because I was feeling up for it, I tried out Cardio 2 from 22 Minute Hard Corps in the afternoon. Good workout.

Sunday I started the official month 2 workouts of Max:30 with Max Out Cardio, and I really did great. It's still hard as hell and by the halfway point I was gassed, but I did the whole thing, the first half was excellent and the second was still really good.

Yesterday we also built a firepit, and I'm proud to say I moved 54 individual 20-lbs bricks from the driveway to the backyard, which felt like a pretty outstanding workout on its own.

Finally, this morning I hit play for the first time on the 3 minute round version of Bas Rutten's MMA CD. And honestly, I did a lot better than I thought I would. Don't get me wrong, I was destroyed by the end, and rounds 6 and 7 were questionable (I'm pretty sure in a real fight, I would have lost those rounds), but hot damn, that's the hardest program in the whole series and I did it! There's no going back now, and I can't wait to see what more I can bring to it.

So ya, all of that great work made me feel a bit disheartened when I saw the scale this morning. But, ok, back on the horse, less cheese, less carbs, no cake, this week should be good. I really really want to get under that 200 mark, and honestly I want to see if I can eclipse 195 before this program's out. 2.5 more weeks, I can do this.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment