Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Feeling good today

As the title says, I'm feeling good today. Been eating healthy all week, had some good workouts, got some rest, and spent some time with family. It's only Wednesday, but all in all, this week has been very nice.

So I hit play this morning Sweat Intervals. I really screwed up having this in practically every week of my last program, but oh well. The variety keeps me interested, and I found myself losing a little focus as I could anticipate what was coming. Oh well. Sweat Intervals is still a very very awesome workout, and I felt awesome at the end of it as well. Super sweaty, super soaked, super tired....good times.

I mentioned last night I was having sushi, and I was a little worried about the rice. Well, my incredible wife looked over the menu before we got there and found a delicious sashimi platter that had all FatFreeJew-favorite items on it. Well, mostly, a few items I'd never had been (I didn't even know what ono was). But, that's what I got, and hot damn was it delicious! Thanks Amazing Wife! So my dinner last night consisted of a whole lot of raw fish, miso soup, and some edemame that was ordered for the table. It was one of the best sushi meals I've had. I'll still eat regular sushi on weekends, rice and all, but on weekdays, this is an excellent way to stay on diet and still enjoy myself.

So diet + exercise = fat loss, and I stepped on the scale to see where I was. Goal today was 196.0, and I actually already hit that yesterday. So I stepped onto the scale, and clocked in at....

194.0. Boom!

Yup, feeling good, and I feel like this is a much more accurate 194-ish weight than what I was at last week, where I kind of forced the scale lower to end my Max:30 journey.

So, officially, this means I should be shooting for 193.5 on Friday, but again, weight loss is weird nowawdays. I was considering revising that to 192.5, but as I write these numbers down I realize it seems a little too extreme. So, 193.0, right in the middle. Seems like a good Friday goal. I'm writing it down now. Please hold....

commence hold music

I want to reiterate, I am not starving myself. Hell, I eat all day. Like, all day all day. I finished a protein shake at 7:40 this morning, and I have another meal planned for around 9:30ish. Then another just before noon, another around 2, probably a snack around 4, and then dinner. None of these are big meals, but with the exception of some sunflower seeds I'm looking forward to, each of these is a pretty extremely sized snack. I had heard that when you find foods your body works well with, everything kind of clicks, and I think that's what's happening. Yes, I'm pretty sure I'm in ketosis (I'm not checking, don't really care to) and that's helping my body go after fat, and yes, I'm probably at a calorie deficit purely because I'm not eating carbs (other than a single serving of fruit every day, I do enjoy fruit) and carbs just happen to have a ton of calories, but overall, seriously, I eat a lot. And I still love to eat. My nightly meal prep is one of my favorite times of day, because I seriously get to prepare four to five meals for myself for the next day.

Anyways, I assume eventually my body is just going to level out. It has to. I'm no longer focused on diet for weightloss, even though I obviously want to lose weight still. This is just purely how I want to eat from now on. Joe Rogan said that about keto on his podcast a few weeks ago, that it was just a 2-month experiment for him, but after 2 months he realized he just wanted to keep eating this way because he felt better and his body responded better. Don't get me wrong, there's some bagels sitting outside my office door this very moment that I would absolutely love to tear into, but it's not about momentary pleasures - I know for a fact that if I eat that bagel, I'm going to feel terrible for the rest of the day, or at least not at an optimum level like I feel now (because truthfully, I feel great right now). It just doesn't seem worth it to me. Saturdays are fine, I can feel like garbage on Sundays since it's a day off, but really, nope, my current diet is how I want to live from now on. And it's a good feeling.

Ok, that got preachy and long-winded, so let's wrap this up. Final thoughts: my legs feel good (read that: sore) from yesterday, but hey, they'll get there. I'm looking forward to more lifting tomorrow with Hammer Build Up. Also I know I'm only a week (less than) into my current program, but I'm still debating what my next program will look like. I want to lift heavy, but I also want some functional strength in there (long story, I'll get into the difference in a future post), I'm not sure if I want to see Max:30 for a while, if I want to lift heavy on legs or do plyo or both, etc. I'm going to dwell on it for the next 8 weeks, so plan on more updates and ideas.

Alright, no more blog post for today. Onward with your daily life!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment