Friday, April 22, 2016

Round 2 is Done!!

You read that title correctly, Round 2 of Insanity Max:30 is done. Now, again, this was my modified schedule, not the verbatim schedule I did in Round 1, but the big three workouts (Cardio, Sweat, Friday Fight) all stuck with this program.

Let's start with the numbers! I finished my first round of M:30 at 213.6, exactly 8 weeks ago today. I was on a steady weight loss track throughout the whole second round, except for a week of frustrating setbacks last week. I did my reset over the weekend, dieted well this whole week, and, I'll be honest, kept it super light yesterday because I was excited about today's weigh in. This was a single day, not the whole week, so please readers, don't think I'm going about this unhealthy (truthfully, I'm never hungry anymore because I eat literally all day - I'm amazed how much I eat and still lose weight). Anyways, I woke up this morning, hit the gym with Friday Fight Rd. 2 (which kicked my ass as always), got done, hopped on the scale, and clocked in at....

193.6!

That's right folks. 20 lbs down in this second round! I even got the before/after photos to prove it (which will arrive on the blog someday, I promise, just no clue when). Now, again, I want to stress that I pushed hard with the diet in the last 24 hours to bring the number down, but just knowing that I can get my body to weigh this low is outstanding. I feel awesome today!!! I'm also wearing an entire outfit (minus the socks) that did not fit two weeks ago.

So, onward to program #3. The same big three M:30 workouts are coming with me, this time scheduled for M, W, and F, with the same two four-week blocks. Saturdays I'm alternating between the 2 minute and 3 minute Bas Rutten MMA workouts, and for Sun, T, and Th I have various Body Beast, P90X3 and Hammer & Chisel workouts scheduled, all total body weight lifting stuff. I want to get the weights up to par, and I'm super excited to incorporate this into the next round. I'm a little concerned with what the weights are going to do to the scale numbers, but for 8 weeks I'm willing to run this experiment. Also I'm adding in creatine and a little more protein powder in the mornings to aid in the muscle building, which I'm hoping is excessive, so same concern with the numbers. I'm going to take actual measurements tonight or tomorrow so I can track my progress a few ways other than just scale numbers.

So, that's my story. Right now, in a very good place, and feeling well on my way to really getting the body I've always dreamed about. I should say I'm a little concerned about a big Passover dinner we're having at the house tomorrow - fat free JEW, remember? - because there's definitely going to be some carbs. BUT, the reset last week really did fire me up, as it has most weeks I've done a cheat day, so as concerned as I (always) am about these kinds of meals, the macro part of me thinks this actually can have some benefit to the overall goals.

Ok, I'm going to sign out for now. I'll check in again next week, when I'm knee deep into Week 1 of my Cardio/Weights mix! Let's do this!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment