Friday, April 29, 2016

Another Week 1 is Done

Week 1 of my third program for 2016 is in the books! Today was Friday Fight Rd. 1 from Max:30. I should point out that in all of my programs, if I schedule this or Friday Fight Rd. 2, I have to put it on a Friday. Someone online I was talking to about hybrid programs puts this workout on other days of the week, and the OCD in me just felt super dirty about that. The damn workout is called FRIDAY Fight!

So, I hit play this morning after getting some cleaning and freelance work done. Baby joined me this morning as well, and she was in a super good mood. She likes Shaun T's workouts a lot, probably because everyone on the screen is moving a lot!

My workout today was so so. Didn't sleep excellent last night and nutrition got weird yesterday toward the end of the day (didn't eat bad, but ate late, so I think that screwed me up). I'll give it a B- though. I get a little frustrated that workouts I've been doing now for four months still kick my ass, but this is Insanity we're talking about. They will never ever be easy, and I have to remind myself of that. And, B- minus aside, I still came out of the gym soaked. Sweat is the goal, and in that endeavor I succeeded today without question.

Stepped on the scale this morning, with a goal of 193.0 in my mind. Remember, I was .4 away from that as of yesterday, but with the weird nutrition toward the end of the day yesterday, I was a little worried. And I felt heavy. But, stepped on the scale I did, and I clocked in at....

192.8!

BOOM! Weight loss goal for the week achieved. And this isn't a super inflated (deflated?) number like last week. I've eaten, I've drank water, and I did not do anything to influence the number. Other than waiting to eat until after the weigh in, of course, but that's just my routine. So ya, I'm feeling good about that!

I mentioned the other day that I'm looking at a new weight loss tracking method to alter my previous .5 from the previous system. With my scheduled cheat days on Saturdays, and with the weird ramping down I've been seeing over the last few weeks, I think it's time to reevaluate. So, I'm putting together a new plan. Here's what I'm thinking for next week.

Monday Goal: Weigh no more than 1 lb more than what I weigh on Friday. This makes this coming Monday's goal 193.8. Yes, that's a higher number, but considering I'm eating carbs on Saturdays, and possibly a little on Sundays too, I'm ok with this. Also my weights on Mondays have actually been substantially higher than my Fridays as of late, so this will still be a good challenge. It means I can eat carbs, but still need to focus on portions (which I have very much not been doing on my cheat days) to only gain that one pound and nothing more.

Wednesday Goal: Weigh 2 lbs less than my actual from Monday. Now, 2 lbs in 2 days sounds extreme, but look at my past few weeks, that's actually what I've been doing. Actually, I've been overshooting that. This is because a lot of that weight on Monday is due to excess carbs, which should be out of my system by Wednesday. This one might be extreme, I realize, and depending how my tracking goes, this number might get revised.

Friday Goal: Weigh 1 lb less than Wednesday. Again, 1 lb in 2 days is a lot, but it's exactly what I've been seeing. So, I'm sticking with it.

For those keeping track at home, that schedule technically makes the goal from Friday to Friday to lose 2 lbs, which is perfectly healthy and exactly what I'd like to achieve. If I over shoot, which hey, I definitely want to do, even better! I'm so close to the 180s, and if I overshoot I should be there next week, but I completely understand that on paper it should actually take me two more weeks. I'm writing that out here to remind myself in case I have a freak out next week about this.

Alright, Week 1 is in the books. Onward to Week 2, with Bas Rutten and some Ab Ripper X tomorrow morning!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment