Monday, April 11, 2016

Decent Start to Week 7

Week 7 is in full swing, and I can practically taste the end of my current 8 week program! Let's recap what's been happening.

Since the last check in, I've had some good workouts. Saturday was Eccentric Upper from P90X3. Now, I've been doing this one for a few months now, and it was finally starting to feel stale. Mostly in the arms section, of which we only hit bis and tris twice each. For some reason, that wasn't flying for me, as I really wanted a good arm workout. So, with 5 minutes left and the arm stuff just barely starting, I turned it off, pulled out the heavy weights, and hit Play on Bulk Arms from BodyBeast. And DAMN, that did the trick! It's Monday as I write this, and my triceps still hurt! Biceps were definitely feeling it yesterday too.

With that in mind, BodyBeast is all I can think about today, so be prepared, there's a good chance I'm going to be trying to lift heavy sooner rather than later. Maybe back to my end of June goal like I'd originally set for myself.

Anyways, that was Saturday. Had some popcorn at a fight Saturday night, but other than that I kept the diet pretty clean all weekend.

Sunday I hit play on Max Out Cardio. Damn, this thing will never stop kicking my ass, will it? I got through, but I was dying by the end. In an effort to get some ab work in, I tried to do Max Out Abs from Max:30 also, but 2 minutes in I realized it just wasn't happening. I did about 10 minutes of abs on my own just to do it, but ya, I was dying.

Finally, this morning I got my day started with Bas Rutten's MMA workout, the 3 minute one. Today wasn't nearly as good as last week. I was definitely dragging ass, and if this had been a real fight I'd have been demolished after Round 4, definitely. BUT, this wasn't terrible either, and I was soaked by the end. Hey, mission accomplished, right? So, good workout today.

So after all that this morning, I stepped on the scale. Today's goal: 197.7. And I clocked in, officially, at....

197.2.

BOOM!

Yup, overshot, felt good, and now it's onward to 196.7 on Wednesday!

Had a decent walk at lunch today too. Overall, I'm feeling like I'm making progress and back on track. And going back to that discussion of lifting heavy, if I can get down to 175 by the end of my next program, I'll make the switch. My goal is 170, 180 is pretty much out the window now, but at 5 lbs I can still pull that off while doing some lifting, before the muscle sets in and tracking just weight will be difficult. We'll see if I can get there. The next program is designed to take the cardio up a notch, so hopefully that pushes me over the edge.

Alright, that's my story. Incinerator tomorrow. Ya weights!!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment