Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Week 2 is in full swing

I'm halfway through Week 2 of my current program. Still loving it. I haven't checked in since Friday, so I have a few things to note.

First, Bas Rutten. I have his workouts scheduled for Saturdays, along with Ab Ripper. But, it's finally happened. I'm just not digging the Bas Rutten workouts anymore. I'm sure I will again, someday, but I've been hammering them constantly since the start of the year, and I've finally found myself burnt out from there. I even tried adding in weighted gloves on Saturday to get into it more, and it just wasn't happening. I ended up calling it quits on that workout and didn't even get to Ab Ripper. Considering this is two weeks in a row without diving head first into Bas, I think I'm switching it up. Saturday should really be my most fun workout, so, moving forward, I'm switching to Yoga on Saturdays (along with Ab Ripper). I know, I know, I already wrote it down, but looking at my schedule, Saturdays are the only day I can really justify some leeway, and that's what I'm doing. So, this Saturday, Yoga X3. Should be fun.

Next, on Sunday, I did Max Hammer Strength from Hammer and Chisel. This was a fun workout. Not the greatest thing I've ever done, but it definitely hit all the muscles. It also killed my legs, but frankly, my legs are week when it comes to lifting weights, so it doesn't take much to kill them. Hey, that's why I'm doing this, right? The workout goes back and forth between lifting heavy for reps, then going fast with a lighter weight or bodyweight exercise to failure. Sounds familiar, right? Sounds like Incinerator from P90X3? Well, they are similar, so similar in fact that I did them back to back! Overall I'd say Max Hammer Strength is a B+ workout, but when you put these two together, that's an A for sure! My whole body felt good and tired after.

Now, I should note that I cheated on my diet this weekend. Saturday I ate ice cream and potatoes (separate dishes, same meal though)  and Sunday I had a few cookies, some apple pie and some chips (more than just a few on all of those). I didn't mean to go so overboard on Sunday, but I did mean to cheat. As avid FatFreeJew readers know, eating carbs over the weekends seems to kickstart my diet, and I'm losing more overall in the week than when I stay clean clean. So, we're trying that out again now.

Sure enough, I clocked in at 196.6 on Monday morning. This is much much higher than I'd hoped, and almost 3 lbs higher than my Friday check in. But, as of this morning, I'm 194.4. Now, my weight loss tracking schedule I put in place last week is totally out of whack. So, I'm just shooting for 191.0 on Friday. That's a huge drop for the week, but only 1.8 drop from Friday to Friday. Let's see if I can do it.

Yesterday I hit the ground running for the week with Cardio Challenge from Max:30, and man is that still an awesome workout. No way will this ever be a walk in the park. I was soaked and felt good.

And finally, today was ISO Speed Hammer from Hammer and Chisel. This one was simply ok. I like Lucky 7 more, that's for sure. This one did hit everything though, and each muscle gets worked in a slow down for 3, up fast for 1, 10 reps, followed by 10 reps fast fashion. Again, it was just ok, not my favorite, but it's 24 minutes, which is what I need on Tuesdays. I'm glad I only have it three more times in the whole program. I paired it with Core 2 from 22 Minute Hard Corps, and my abs are feeling it now. That's such a great ab routine!

Tomorrow I'll keep going with Max:30 with Sweat Intervals, one of my favorites. Also have a good walk planned today at lunch.

Alright, that's my story.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment