Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day: 12, P90X Legs & Back


Log EntryDaily Note:
Just wanted to talk about nutrition in here. I don't track calories, but I'm huge on portion control. Lots of wraps or a chicken breast. Eating tuna right now. Side dishes are pretty much gone, and I really don't miss them all that much. I like the main dish more. I eat something about this size 3 times a day, and about every hour and a half in between I'll eat some edemame, a serving of hummus, a banana or a granola bar. Protein shakes about once a day too as a meal. On weekends I'm allowed to cheat with whatever food I want, but I'm never allowed to cheat on portions.

Oh, and I've pretty much cut out mayo, which is really big for me cuz mayo is delicious and should be on everything. I use Greek yogurt or hummus. Between those two things you can wipe mayo out. Tuna's great with the yogurt, and wraps are great with either. And mix a packet of ranch dressing powder into yogurt and it's an amazing dip! Goes great with chicken or just dipping pita chips.

I'm honestly not sure if it's a good diet, but I'm a picky eater and I love to eat. I guarantee this is healthier than I used to eat, and I really don't feel deprived. Wish me luck!

WorkoutP90X Legs & Back
Status: Completed
This is not a fun workout. I don't know why, but I just don't enjoy legs and back. I did it, but I dogged it a little. However, on the first set up chin ups, I did 5! Like I really did 5! Not struggling to kind of get up there....like really Up Down Up Down. That was awesome! The pull ups were a lot weaker than the chin ups, but I can still struggle through a few before I switch to the total gym. By the way, on pull ups, I use my total gym instead of a chair. I feel like i get a better workout this way.

Well, it's done. One more day in Week 2, and it's Kenpo X. Bring it!

WorkoutP90X Ab Ripper
Status: Completed
This was by far my strongest Ab Ripper X! I did 25 on about half of them. That's huge! And somehow the oblique ones at the end I could actually do. I didn't realize I was doing them wrong before, but the motion just seemed a ton more like Tony's, and I felt a way better burn. I think I finally had enough strength to keep the legs together. It was pretty awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment