Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wow, I missed a blog posts but I never stopped working out!

Wow, I just now am getting a chance to update this blog. But don't think I haven't worked out since Thursday (the last time I posted) because that's just not the case. It's been a few days, so forgive me if I forget some details.


Friday I forget what happened, but the evening hit quickly and I did not get to work out. I ate healthy though, so that counts.

Saturday I still had one more ESP-XC workout for Week 3, and that workout went well. It was Core/Balance and it went well. I got my 100 situps in in the finale and overall felt great about the workout.

Because I worked out Saturday I took Sunday off. Then came Monday. Monday was Legs, and this is a dreaded workout. It's hard, really hard, and my legs were on fire at the end. However, I think I had my best leg workout ever in this program and I felt great about it. I only get to do this workout one more time, since next week starts Month 2, the Strength phase, and all new workouts are coming out.

After the Legs workout the group came over and we ended up having a very interesting workout. We started with bench and pullups, which felt good, but then somehow we started rotating sets of 2 people and those 2 people would grapple for a few minutes. Mark's been showing us a bit of jiu jitsu (not to the level where any of us would claim to know what we're doing) but everyone got to roll with everyone at least once, and that took up about 45 minutes of the evening. It was fun! I really want to study jiu jitsu sometime soon so I'm going to look into it. But long story short the workout was a blast and it was awesome cardio!

Last night I hit play on Upper Body from the Endurance phase of ESP-XC. This was the last time I was doing this workout and I wanted to make it awesome! I pushed hard, held the pushups for a long time, held the chinup for the entire minute on the total gym, and overall had an amazing workout. and I did all 55 pushups in the finale! It was great!

So that's been the last few days. Just 3 more days in Month 1 of ESP-XC, and then onto the Strength phase!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment