Thursday, February 2, 2012

Two days of workouts!

I have officially worked out for 3 days in a row, of which 2 need to be documented. We're getting back on track!

On Tuesday night I was going to do cardio, then the roommate talked me into yoga. As I was pulling out Yoga X2 from P90X2 (yes, I succumbed to pressure and bought it) I came across Recovery and Mobility, and I'd heard good things about it. We decided to this workout instead. It's not really a stretch; instead it's a lot like working on the body's actual ability to move. And there's a lot of foam roller action involved. I liked it.

Last night I got home and after a tiny bit of getting dinner started I got into the gym and hit play on Endurance Cardio/Combo from ESP-XC. I've watched a few of these DVDs while working in the gym but this was my first time actually doing a whole workout. It was killer!

It starts with 2 minutes of jumping jacks, and then goes back and forth between a 1 or 2 minute combo (jab, cross, hook, elbow, knee, etc.) and 1 or 2 minutes of cardio (jumping jacks, burpees, high knees, etc.). Overall it was a great workout and I felt awesome at the end. The trainer in these videos is surprisingly motivating and the music is actually pretty awesome (which is good because you can't turn the music off) and overall I was kept really motivated. I got tired, but I kept wanting to try harder. There's a lot of workout DVDs out there, and with the exception of P90X and to a lesser extent Insanity I really haven't seen this kind of positive motivation in a DVD workout before. I dig it!

With that in mind I'm planning on starting this actual program on Sunday. I need another solid program to do because just picking a DVD gets me too lazy. So ya that's the plan! I'll keep you posted how that goes!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment