Friday, February 24, 2012

Group Workout and Ab Ripper X

I got home a little later than I wanted to last night, and after a bit of being lazy time on the couch I realized I didn't have time for ESP-XC last night. Fortunately there's 5 workouts per week and the instructions aren't really clear on if I should take two days off, space them out, or what, so I opted to push my last workout of Week 3 to Friday (tonight). The group was still coming over the normal workout, so I wanted to have some energy for that. The ESP-XC workout that was scheduled was Core/Balance, and I knew that after 100 situps I would have no desire to do any weight training.

The group showed up around 7 and we got started around 7:20. I started out with hammer pullups. I don't know what to call them, but they use the hammer handles instead of the chinup or pullup handles. I focused on going really slow and going to full extension down, and I ended up with 2 sets of 4 and 2 sets of 3. It felt good, even though by the end I felt my arms hurting from the upper body workout from Wednesday.

After that I got into bench and did 2 sets of 10 and 1 set of 12. Then came a set of deadlifts, some more pullups and then came Ab Ripper....

I don't really know how we decided to do Ab Ripper, but I'm really happy we did it. It was the usual 15 minutes of absolute agony, followed by an amazing feeling of relief. I did all 50 Mason Twists and felt great about it.

So that was about it. Tonight I'm wrapping up Week 3 of ESP-XC.

Bring it!

1 comment:

  1. Most people involved in serious body building will need to increase the amount of their daily calorie ingestion in order to feel good. The daily caloric requirement will increase abdominal exercise as the muscular and overall body mass increases.

    ReplyDelete