Wednesday, February 15, 2012

ESP-XC Day 8: Endurance Cardio/Combo and a tribute to Jerrame Glenn

Well, last night was kind of a whirlwind of events and emotions, so let's recap that.

It was Valentine's Day, as I mentioned in the last post. I got home around 5:30 from the office, sat for ten minutes and then went straight into the gym. I hit play on Cardio/Combo from the Endurance phase. My legs were in absolute agony from the night before and it made the workout very difficult. The whole thing goes back and forth between a combo (punch, knee, elbow, etc.) and a cardio exercise (weird jumping jacks, regular jumping jacks, burpees, etc.). I made it about 20 minutes in and all of a sudden my body decided to be extremely tired and sore. I pushed through and finished the workout, but the intensity in the second half wasn't even close to what I've normally been bringing to my workouts.

I got done around 6:45 and would overall give the workout a low B. Not terrible at all, but between my legs and my energy the second half I'm not to thrilled with either.

After that was dinner. I met Heather at her restaurant, Mr. B's, around 8. They were packed, which slowed dinner down a bit, but I had my veal with ham and sauce and whatever else it is (it's mighty tasty) and it was a great night. And I got to dance with my girlfriend! I'm not a really mushy guy, I've never been into Valentine's Day and even relationships are something that a part of my brain doesn't fully grasp, but I know that spending last night dancing with Heather was awesome and I'm smiling now just thinking about it!

So I came home and went to work on some homework, but sadly I got some news about a friend of mine from high school named Jerrame Glenn. Apparently Jerrame took his life about a week ago. I was never incredible friends with Jerrame, but we were in band together from 6th grade through the end of high school. I shared a room with him for a week when we went to Hawaii 10 years ago on a band trip. I have nothing but good memories for Jerrame and was very sad to hear that this had happened to him. So I'm dedicating a part of this post to Jerrame. I'm sorry things ended up the way they did for you sir, but please know that I have nothing but excellent memories of you, and I will always remember you as a positive, caring individual.

...


...


...


So that's my post for the day. No workout tonight. It's actually my birthday (I'm not big on birthdays, but I guess last year I didn't work out so that seems like a nice little tradition) today so I'm going to see the folks for dinner tonight. That's all I've got.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment