Monday, February 13, 2012

ESP-XC Day 6: Endurance Core/Balance

Week 2 of ESP-XC has officially begun. For some reason this program doesn't count the rest days as days, so according to the program this workout was Day 6. I'm going to stick with that on the titles, but know that this was the first workout of Week 2.

Last night's workout was Core/Balance from the Endurance phase. I got to do this workout last week once and this week I'm starting my week with it. It's an interesting workout. It goes back and forth between balance and core stuff. The balance stuff isn't too hard for me, in the sense that I have pretty good balance. That doesn't mean it was easy, but I didn't break a sweat much in these sections. In the core stuff though I really felt my abs getting a workout and I was soaked by the end of each core exercise. Things like holding Superman pose for 2 minutes (yup, 2 minutes P90Xers!), doing a situp and going into boat pose, side crunches and a lot more along those lines. The workout even ends with 100 situps. Fortunately I'm good with situps and ended up finishing them about 20 reps before the crew on the TV, so I threw in 10 more for a total of 110 reps.

Overall it was a good workout, and I like the mix of hard and not hard. It was a very lazy relaxing weekend and working extremely hard didn't sound up my alley.

Tonight I have another round of Legs (didn't we just do this workout?) followed by the group working out as usual. Should be fun.

Also tomorrow is Valentine's Day so the workout will be tight to get in (that's what she said?) but I'm going to make it work somehow. Then the rest of the week is interesting with my birthday (I'm getting old) followed a few days later by my girlfriend's birthday. Should be fun, but a very hectic week.

K, that's all I've got for the moment.

Bring it!

1 comment:

  1. A lot of the exercises are kind of like the abdominal exercise of yoga and are meant to stretch your core and make that part of your body stronger. Lots of people who do Pilates find that, while they get fantastically toned abs from the exercise, it also helps them become more flexible and generally fit.

    ReplyDelete