Tuesday, February 14, 2012

ESP-XC Day 7: Endurance Legs and a little bit of jits

So weird thing about me....about once ever two months I'll wake up with the hiccups, and they won't stop until I go to bed. Well, they'll stop, but only for a little while. Basically I'll have them for about 30 minutes, then they'll go away for an hour, and that repeats all day. And they're painful hiccups. So anyways, I was going to start ESP-XC last night around 6, but my hiccups lasted til after 6:40! There was no way I was going to get the workout done before everyone came over for the night's workout. Then I had an idea....what if I do legs while everyone else does 300?

So that's what I did. We got started around 7:30 and everyone decided to do the first round with me on ESP-XC. Legs is so far the hardest DVD I've done from this program and I was impressed with everyone holding out. Well, until the second minute of the squat hold thing in the beginning. In that exercise you sink into a squat, and then hold it for 2 minutes. Yup, 2 minutes. I made it just about a minute before I needed a break, and the second half was me holding for sets of 10 seconds. At that point everyone else had pretty much gone on to 300.

So I had a killer leg workout last night. I'm really trying to go all the way through the motions on this exercise because my legs have always been a weak part of my body in terms of working out. How they feel today, I feel pretty sure that they got a good workout!

I finished the workout and everyone else still had a few more exercises to do on 300, so I decided to keep working out. My roommate was in there too (the one who practices jiu jitsu) and we decided to spar (roll? I don't know what it's called). I'm not very good and only know enough to sometimes not get taken to the ground, but it's still fun and an amazing workout! So we rolled a few times, and the first two rounds he dominated. Somehow the third round I actually got him in a choke. No clue what kind of choke it was, but it was a choke! He tapped! I couldn't believe it! Still no clue how I did it or what I did, but I was impressed with myself.

After that Mark pretty much destroyed me and punished me for getting that choke, but it was still awesome. He kept trying to choke me and I wasn't going to let it happen, but getting cranked on the chin sucks a lot and I had to tap.

I did a few pullups and floor wipers and that was the end of my workout. Overall a good workout and great progress on week 2 of ESP-XC.

Quick note, today is Valentine's Day. Happy Valentine's Day to my girlfriend, my love, Heather! Tonight we're going to dinner around 8, so I'm going to get home, workout and then head over to the restaurant. Should be a fun night!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment