Wednesday, February 22, 2012

ESP-XC Days 13 and 14

Forgot to blog yesterday. Sorry. Almost forgot to blog today. I've actually been playing on SpoonerSpot, a website that I'm beta testing, and lost track of time. That's beside the point though.

So last night was Cardio/Combo from the Endurance phase. I like this one because it's the most punching and kicking of any of the DVDs in the first month. Well, punching and knees. There aren't actually any kicks. But it's fun. Hard too. My cardio really needs work, and especially with my legs being shot from the day before (it was legs day) it made for a difficult workout. Also this is the only workout in month 1 that doesn't go in rounds, so there really aren't any breaks. It's a great workout, but rough. I did well with it. Broke a good sweat and fought through the leg pain. Good stuff.

After that I made ground turkey red beans and rice. It had spinach and tomatoes in it too. Healthy and tasty. I was pleased.

Tonight I got home from the office and hit play around 6:40. Today's workout was upper body. I've really only done this one once since last week I was tied up with the other workout during this one. Upper body is my favorite part to work since it's usually all weights; I like lifting weights. This one really doesn't have much weights (though it has some), but the whole thing is very different than a traditional weight lifting workout. There's a ton of doing one rep and holding it for 1 minute things. That's really hard in a chinup and a pushup. The chinup one I held for about 15 seconds, then a few more sets of 8 seconds. Good, but not great. But man did my biceps hurt afterwards! The pushup ones though I did great on! It was hold at the bottom for 10 seconds, followed by an up and then a straight back down, for 1 minute (so basically 6 reps). I did all of them. No breaks!

The shoulder stuff in this workout is great! Again it's all slow stuff or isolation stuff, but my shoulders were on fire by the end. All of the regular rep stuff went great too. It's all slow up, hold, slow down, repeat. That gets difficult after a few reps, and it's never just a few reps in this workout.

The whole thing ends with 10, 9, 8....., 2, 1 pushups, totaling 55 pushups done in under 3 minutes (2:30 in the DVD). They started to get hard around the 5 mark but I did them all, and actually did them a little faster than the DVD folks so I did the last 1 rep with them too.

Overall a great workout yesterday and today. Tomorrow is Core/Balance one more time to round out Week 3, followed by the group workout. Wish me luck!

Bring it!

1 comment:

  1. These two substantial muscle groups form the base of your entire upper body. So remember that you simply abs are the ying to you backs yang. Ab WheelThe ab wheel or power wheel is just what it says it truly is. It can be a wheel with a stick in between it. You fundamentally use the ab wheel for roll outs, and this is actually a pretty challenging abdominal exercise.

    ReplyDelete