Monday, February 20, 2012

ESP-XC Days 10 and 11 - Endurance Core/Balance

I have two workouts to recap plus one crazy birthday event in the middle. The two workouts were both Core/Balance from the Endurance phase, and it occurs to me that it's kind of lame that the end of Week 2 and the beginning of Week 3 are the same workout. Meh, at least it's a fun workout.

Friday I got home from the office and hit play on this DVD. Awesome workout as always. The 100 situps at the end seemed to go by really fast; so fast, in fact, that I finished before the guys on the DVD by a good 30 reps. Overall a good workout.

Saturday I worked out of the house most of the day, and that night we went out for my and Heather's birthday. The group went to sushi followed by a big Mardi Gras party called Naughty Gras. Very successful evening, we had about 20 people floating in and out of the group and we all got home around 2:30 am. Very fun way to bring in my old age.

Yesterday was the beginning of Week 3 of ESP-XC, and like I said, it was Core/Balance again. My roommate decided to join me for this workout, which was good cuz it forced me to work a little bit harder on some of the isometric stuff. I held Superman pose longer than ever before (still not the full 2 minutes though), I held the entire plank, and the rest I kept my pace up really well. Also on the situps I tried to go a lot slower than I have been. I ended up finishing my situps about the same time as the trainers this time, and I kept a good pace rather than focusing on sets of 30 or 20, which is what I have been doing. This felt harder so the slow tempo is what I'm going to stick to.

Overall a good weekend and two good workouts. Right now I'm writing this blog to get my head clear because I've gotta get some work completed before I go in today.

Tonight it's Legs and the usual group workout. I'll let you know how it goes.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment