Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Just saying now, Week 7 is going to be rough

Alright, lots of updates to do.

First off, I need to say that it's going to be a rough weight loss week. Life and diets (from the lifestyle mentality) have ups and downs, and this is just going to be one of those. All in one week I have Valentine's Day, my birthday and my wife's birthday. And as much as we'd all like to keep it healthy, there's challenges.

So let's talk food first. Saturday night we met up with both sets of parents for a big group dinner. We ate at a fish house, thinking fish would be healthier. And frankly, it was. Yes, I had a few to many fried shrimp, but other than that I had tilapia, crab and scallops with spinach and a little bit of au gratin potatoes on the side. No, the potatoes weren't healthy, but again, it happens. Also there were a few bites of dessert.

Sunday morning we went out to breakfast. I ate two slices of toast with jam, but other than that the rest wasn't unhealthy. Had a steak and two eggs. Also black coffee.

Sunday night I made a super tasty meal for the wife and another couple that came over. Salmon oscar, creamed spinach stuff inside a squash, and spinach salad. Aside from some drinks, not too unhealthy.

Woke up and weighed myself yesterday and I missed my goal weight by .1 AGAIN! Still, 217.8 was a good number to see.

Kept it pretty healthy yesterday overall. I ate three microwaveable tacquitos, which I'm not too proud of, but the rest of the day was pretty healthy.

Finally today I've kept it very clean, except my office surprised me with pecan and key lime pies (my favorites!). Hey, it's my birthday, so I had a small slice of each.

Going to try to keep it clean from here on out. I weighed in heavy this morning, 219.2, but I'm hoping I can power through tonight and tomorrow morning with workouts to get to my Wednesday goal of 217.3.

So, workouts. Saturday was Eccentric Upper. I really like that workout and it always feels good to lift. Sunday was Bas Rutten MMA. This is the last time I see this workout in my current program, but I have it scheduled several times in my second. By far the hardest workout in the Bas Rutten series. Those burpees kick my ass! But I pushed through and did it!

Yesterday morning was Max Out Cardio. I was moving super slow, but I did it. Overall it was not my best workout, but it was better than the first week I ever did regular Cardio, so I was still pretty proud of myself.

And then today was Max Out Strength. I still don't like this workout, but the pushups are a lot of fun and I did find some enjoyment in that.

So, that's my story. Max Out Sweat tomorrow. Best workout in the program! Can't wait!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment