Friday, February 5, 2016

Ending Week 5 on a high note!

Well, today's off to a completely different note than I thought it would. My weight loss goal for today: 220.7. My actual: 221.4!!!! BOOM!!!!

Alright, let's recap you. Since I last checked in, I had some good walks and some mixed-review workouts. Yesterday's workout was Max Out Strength, and holy crap is this not my gig. It's a harder yet slower version of the first Strength, and I didn't care for that workout. So ya, I came away from yesterday's workout feeling pretty lame. I'll do the other three weeks of it, but then this'll probably be the last time I ever do that workout.

Then there's today. Today I popped in Friday Fight Round 2. I got about 8 minutes into it before a diaper change was needed (baby, not me) but after that I pushed and did pretty darn ok. I say pretty darn ok because I do not have this mastered yet. It's harder than Round 1, obviously, but in a strength way too that made me feel sore and tired (vs. just being tired). But I also felt like I got an excellent workout and was proud of myself.

Then I got on the scale and was super proud of myself!!!

So ya, those are the workouts. Diet has been pretty great this week. The wife and I were getting a little tired of salads, so I had lentil soup with some sliced turkey on Wednesday night, and Thursday night we had a parenting class and had to bring sandwich wraps. Apparently that wasn't too bad nutrition wise, because obviously I lost. Which I should mention is impressive, considering I actually clocked in yesterday morning at over 223. Weight loss is weird.

Anyways, that's my gig.

For some reason I haven't been as interested in the Spanish this week, so that's temporarily on hold. Diet/exercise are the big things I want to push myself on at the moment, and I don't want to make myself too too uncomfortable. I've still gotta enjoy life, right?

The first really big diet test is this weekend, the Super Bowl. I'm planning to keep it super healthy all weekend until there, and then only eat small portions of the bad-for-me food, and only get up for another plate at the quarters. We'll see if that works. Also I might have a beer, still deciding. Thus far in 2016 I've had 1 beer, and other than that it's been all water, coffee, protein shakes (water and powder) and a few V8s.

Ok, that's my story. Wish me luck this weekend!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment