Monday, February 8, 2016

Between the Broncos and the Panthers, the real winner was my weight!

Well, yesterday was historical Super Bowl 50. It was a great game, my Broncos won, and overall just an awesome day. Unfortunately, my diet was put to the test and ultimately failed, but that's ok. Let's find out what happened....

First off, I knew the Super Bowl was coming, so I did my best to work hard all weekend. My weight lifting workout on Saturday was pretty good, low-B level, so I'll take it.

Sunday I did Bas Rutten's workout, and honestly, it went bad. My energy wasn't there for some reason. I think I didn't eat enough on Saturday (again, in anticipation of the Super Bowl), so I was lacking in the energy area. Also my arms and chest were sore from the previous day's weights, so it made the pushups I did extra taxing. So, bad workout. Like, a D. This dumb schedule with the weights and Bas Rutten workout back to back only goes for two more weeks. I could theoretically just kill it now, but I wrote a plan and I'm going to stick to it. I refuse to open that modify-the-schedule door, and three weeks will go by fast.

Anyways, after Bas I went on a walk with my wife, my mom and the baby. We did about 2.5 miles. Not the fastest pace, but every little bit helps.

And then there was Super Bowl. And with that came food, food, food. I pigged out. I didn't hold back. There were chicken wings, pizza, pretzel hot dogs, ribs, spinach/bacon dip, potato skins, fried mac n cheese....it was nuts. I also ate a piece of cake, a cookie and a beer! I ate so much that I couldn't even sleep comfortably.

So, here's what's interesting about all this. This is actually how I used to eat, often, and I'd feel that same way all night, every time. So I knew what I was getting myself into.

So I worked out this morning and pushed through the gross feeling from the food. I did Max Out Cardio, and I've gotta say, this workout is outstanding! It truly is one of my favorites, and I got a great sweat going. I could have definitely done more if I'd eaten properly yesterday, but a low-B for today's workout was pretty darn good.

And that brings us to the scale. I had a goal today of 220.9, based on the 221.4 I got on Friday. And in actuality, I clocked in today at 223.0.

So ya, I missed my goal. BUT, and this is the important part, my goal for last Friday was 222.7. I blew that out of the water, and part of that was luck. Here's the thing, binge eating on occasion (this was the first time in a long long time) is going to happen, and in rare occasions I need to accept that. Yesterday was fun, I have no regrets. I didn't balloon up, I just put on a few pounds that are still within the range I predicted I'd be in last week. So yes, I have some extra weight to lose, and yes, yesterday was bad, but today I'm pushing the diet hard core, and I'll be back on track by the end of the week, possibly even sooner.

I'm in a good mood about it all. If I'd blown all my weight loss, it'd be different, but staying within my current range by about two pounds, that's pretty damn great! I just need to make sure I prepare before and accept dealing with it after, and on the rare occasion, binge eating will be ok.

So that's my story. About to eat a tasty salad and then go for a lunchtime walk. Onward with week 6!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment