Friday, January 6, 2012

Rounding out Week 1 of Stronglifts

Last night none of us were feeling very motivated, but around 7:30 we got started on Stronglifts. As usual we did squats first. I upped the weight and completed 5x5 at 175. I'm going to repeat on Monday and next week will get back into the dreaded 180 lbs!

Shoulder press was next and it'd been a while since we worked these! I opted for 105 lbs, and that proved to be a good weight. I got through 5x5, and will up the weight by 5 lbs next week, but man I was tired after!

I did 5x5 on pullups after that. This is not part of Stronglifts, but it's what I've been working on for a few months now and I want to keep it on Thursdays while we do this workout. For some reason pullups are easier for me when I tuck my legs a little higher, and I did well on them doing that last night. I'm not sure if that's cheating though. I'm not using momentum to get up, I just find it easier to pull my body when I'm compact.

Deadlift was last and I pulled 195. I know I was doing more before this, but it's been a while since I lifted heavy and I want to work my way back up. Just 1x5 on this program for deadlifts, but I'll be adding 5 lbs next week and will soon be back to where I was.

For some reason motivation has been tough the last few weeks. The whole group admitted it last night. We still work out, at least with lifting, but none of us want to anymore. We're not quitting, but it's weird how the motivation has dwindled.

As for my own working out, somehow life keeps getting in the way. I don't remember being this busy or tired a few months ago, but somehow finding time and energy to work out on my own has really been a struggle. I remember having so much down time a year ago and working out made perfect sense to fill that time. Now I don't have any free time and I don't know where it all went.

I'm really really struggling to stay motivated. I wanted to start P90X this week, but distractions got in the way and rather than fighting them like I should have I gave in and just sat on the couch. I don't know how, but I absolutely need to start working out again, preferably P90x, ASAP or all of my work for the last year and a half will have been for nothing! Junk food, busy schedules, not getting rest....all of these were things I never had to deal with before but somehow they keep popping up in my life and I need to find a way to squash it or I'm just going to lose it.

K, I've had my rant. Wish me luck on getting back into the swing of things. My plan (I know, my plans are garbage these days) is to do 300 for the first time tomorrow with sets of 15. Wish me luck!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment