Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day: 4, Calories: 0, P90X Yoga X


WorkoutP90X Yoga X
Status: Completed
Heather and I hit play on Yoga X around 6pm, and as far as I feel it went awesome! I hadn't done Yoga X in a few months, but I had a lot more stamina than I thought I would. I didn't take a single break until after the chair pose, which is the best I've ever done on yoga. Also my chair pose was awesome!

The next set of the moving asynas was ok, but somehow my energy got zapped during that little break. Still, my warrior 3's were getting much better than before so it was good progress.

Heather did great too. She took a few breaks, usually one every few poses, but it's Yoga X and she doesn't do yoga much. The first time I did yoga I barely did half as much as she did, and I was so proud of her. She used the yoga blocks to help her get deeper into the stretches which was a great idea. I wish I'd had yoga blocks the first time I did yoga. But ya, I'm really proud of her.

We had people coming over for weight lifting, so we called it quits after the royal dancers. Still, that's an hour of yoga and the hardest part of the whole DVD. It was a very great yoga workout.

WorkoutWeights
Status: Completed
We got into Stronglifts at 7:45. A lot later than normal. We got distracted by this video, but after a few views we finally decided to lift some weights.

As soon as we got into the gym a terrible realization occurred to me. I just finished yoga and have legs tomorrow, and the first thing I'm going to do with Stronglifts is squats?! It didn't seem like a good idea.

I threw to the group my problem, and somehow we all decided to do jump squats instead. 5x10. Since I'm doing these in 300 I thought it was a great compromise. We did them as a group with 1 minute rests in between and it was awesome! My legs felt just like they do after squats and we even got some cardio out of it. Plus I got to work on some 300 work! I'm not sure if this will be an every Thursday thing (though it's not a bad idea now that I think about it) but I liked doing the air jump squats.

Shoulder press was next and I did 5x5 at 110. This felt great! My strength in shoulder press is returning and I'll ad 5 lbs next week!

Deadlift was next and I hit 200 again. This actually felt easy. Well, easy is a relative term, but not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. The jump squats may have helped with that since my legs weren't lifting a lot during the workout. But ya, great work on deadlift and I'll be adding 5 lbs next week, taking me back to my previous max of 205!

I finished with 3x6 on pullups. I was tired and didn't get my 5 sets like I wanted, but the pullups were good. I'll make up for the pullups during tomorrow's legs and back workout and on Saturday with 300.

Overall a great lifting day! And we're almost done with Week 1 of P90X!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment