Monday, January 16, 2012

Day: 8, P90X Core Synergistics


WorkoutP90X Core Synergistics
Status: Completed
Heather and I got started on Core Synergistics and the beginning of Week 2 of P90X Lean around 6:15 pm. Her back wasn't feeling to well, but I promised her I'd get her in the gym and that's exactly what I did.

Heather ended up having a great workout! She did a lot more than I thought she was going to be able to with her back being sore, but she really impressed me. She really likes the Superman/Banana stuff too, and she did great!

Me, I had a mediocre workout. I was really pumped to get in there, but once we got started I somehow lost a lot of steam. I don't know. I've been in a slump for the past few weeks, and it finally caught up with me the last few workouts. Hopefully I can push through the week.

We didn't do the last ten minutes because people showed up for weightlifting, but overall it was a great workout and I'm happy with the progress!

WorkoutWeights
Status: Completed


We got a late start, about 7:45, for weightlifting. Since we were behind we decided to do the jump squats again. Honestly, I'm starting to think these are harder than the regular squats. Ya, there's no weight, but I feel my legs way more at the end. We did 5 sets of 10 with a squat in the air on each. It was rough, but it helped us fly through the squats and got the cardio going strong.

I'm a little worried that this is two workouts in a row that we did air squats. I want to get back into heavy lifting for squats, but if we keep starting late there just isn't time. We'll see what happens.

Bench was next and I got started working on 175. I did 3x5, 1x4 and 1x2. Not my best numbers, but this was a lot of weight. And I had done pushups in core. But ya, I wanted to accomplish more. Hopefully I can make more progress next Monday.

Rows were next and I did 5x5 at 75 lbs. It felt good but it's starting to get heavy. I'm going to add 5 lbs next week.

Instead of chinups Mark talked me into some light sparring. We put on the gear and worked some muay thai and grappling. All of these things I really need work on. I did get a great workout though. My heart was pumping. I'd never really grappled before, and I want to start doing this more. I love mma, so I want to focus my workouts around it more.

I did one set of 5 chinups, but at that point I was drained.

Overall a good workout, but not really orthodox for what we usually do. There's talk about scrapping the weightlifting altogether and just meeting a few times a week to work out on whatever we want. I'm not sure if that's where it'll go, but it's been discussed so I figured I'd keep the blog up to date.

That's all I've got. Cardio X tomorrow!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment