Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day: 6, P90X Kenpo X and 300 Workout


WorkoutP90X Kenpo X
Status: Completed


I actually did this workout after 300, but because it's the P90X workout of the day it has to go first according to the app I'm using to write this blog. Heather and I got started around 4:30pm. Unfortunately she and I were both feeling the work from the week, especially in the legs! We made it about 3/4 of the way through, but when it occurred to me that I wasn't sweating because I just physically couldn't push myself any harder I realized I was just wasting energy.

Heather made it further than I did. She had a lot of energy and was doing great. When I said I was done though she looked relieved and agreed with me. So we turned it off, and that's the end of week 1. Overall a great week with a mediocre ending. Let's see what week 2 brings....

Workout300 Challenge - Week 2
Status: Completed
I got started on 300 challenge around 10:45 on Saturday. My buddy Richard came over for it too. Richard works out a lot and we told ourselves we'd start this program together after the first of the year. This was my second time doing the work and his first, so here's how it went down.

We started with just a quick warmup to get the blood flowing. Stretch, jump around, etc. Then I explained the workout to him. I kept the giant ball exercise in that replaced floor wipers, and squat jumps have officially added a second squat at the top by touching your knees.

After explanation I told Richard I would go first to show him how to do each exercise, and he'd go second (since the gym isn't big enough and I don't have the equipment for both of us to do the workout at once).

For week 2 I added a few reps to everything. Now I'm on 20's and 10's, which came out to 120 reps total. Not quite 300, but more than last week.

I finished the whole routine in 10:49.3. That means I added on just over 2 minutes by adding on 28 reps. It feels slow to me, but I still managed to complete it in under 20 minutes, which means more reps next week!

Richard went next, and he looked like he was caught off guard. He works out a lot, even more than me, and he's pretty built. However, he finished the pullups and got into the deadlifts, and by the end of the deadlifts he was moving SLOW! I knew exactly how he felt. Somehow the life just gets drained out of you when you do this workout, and we're not even doing the full workout! All in all he completed the program at just about 15 minutes. Hey, he still did it in under 20 minutes, so his reps are going up next week also!

We both felt absolutely terrible by the end! The body feels so drained that you can only collapse and wait for oxygen to remember that it belongs in your lungs. But afterwards we felt great and were glad we did it.

I'm going to figure out a formula to plug in x seconds per reps to see if I went up or down this week. That should help keep me on task.

So that's Week 2 of 300! Wish me luck in Week 3 as I move up to 13's and 25's!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment