Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day: 3, P90X Shoulders & Arms


WorkoutP90X Shoulders & Arms
Status: Completed
Day 3 of P90X Lean is in the books! Heather has an important meeting tonight so we got up at 6:15 and hit the gym around 6:50. Unfortunately the sound wasn't working on the DVD player, so we fiddled with that for about 10 minutes and finally said screw it to sound at 7.

I haven't done a P90X lifting routine in months. I've been spending on my weight time on the barbell, and it felt good to use the dumbbells again. Also I got to use my new dumbbells that have a bunch of different weight settings.

This is a fun workout. It's shoulders, bis, tris, repeat, rest. And you repeat that 6 times. I spent a little time coaching Heather through the stuff, but most of it she didn't need my help at all and she and I spent the whole time just working really hard. I love lifting weights and love how my arms feel at the end of this workout, and today I was definitely feeling a burn! It's great!

Heather did awesome too. She used lighter weights than me and focused on higher reps, which is perfect for what her goals are. You can read more about her progress at Home Gym Chick.

Also working out without sound is interesting. We just listened to music and followed along, but it was easy to get lost from Tony's pace.

Because of the sound problems we opted not to do ab ripper today. That one would be too hard to do without sound since you're on the ground and not looking at the screen very often.

I might do a little more cardio when I get home tonight. I'll let you know.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment